TBF is the best - Rothbury Festival looks impressive

Maybe this will make it a little bit easier to cop TBF tix at face

2nd Rothbury Festival

Rothbury, MI
July 2 - 5, 2009

THE DEAD • (ONLY SUMMER PERFORMANCE) • BOB DYLAN AND HIS BAND • THE STRING CHEESE INCIDENT • (ONLY 2009 PERFORMANCE) • WILLIE NELSON & FAMILY • THE BLACK CROWES • DAMIAN ‘JR. GONG’ MARLEY & NAS • STS9 • G. LOVE & SPECIAL SAUCE • GOV’T MULE • BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE • YONDER MOUNTAIN STRING BAND • THE DISCO BISCUITS • LES CLAYPOOL • COLD WAR KIDS • JOHN BUTLER • CHROMEO • ANI DIFRANCO • MSTRKRFT • MATISYAHU • GIRL TALK • GUSTER • FEMI KUTI & THE POSITIVE FORCE • MARTIN SEXTON • FLOGGING MOLLY • RAILROAD EARTH • THE HOLD STEADY • TOOTS & THE MAYTALS • RALPH STANLEY & THE CLINCH MOUNTAIN BOYS • BRETT DENNEN • ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA • GRACE POTTER AND THE NOCTURNALS • SHPONGLE DJ SET • SON VOLT • JACKIE GREENE • LOTUS • SOULIVE • MAN MAN • PETER ROWAN BLUEGRASS BAND W/ TONY RICE • KING SUNNY ADE & HIS AFRICAN BEATS • KID CUDI • STS9 (LIVE PA SET) • THE GLITCH MOB • DAVY KNOWLES AND BACK DOOR SLAM • EOTO • PRETTY LIGHTS • REBELUTION • QUANNUM ALL STARS FT. LYRICS BORN, THE MIGHTY UNDERDOGS, GIFT OF GAB, LIFESAVAS & JOYO VELARDE • TOUBAB KREWE • SAM ROBERTS BAND • HILL COUNTRY REVUE • LIPP SERVICE (ELIOT LIPP + MEMBERS OF PNUMA) • 2020 SOUNDSYSTEM • BREAK SCIENCE FT. ADAM DEITCH • THE HARD LESSONS • UNDERGROUND ORCHESTRA • FUTURE ROCK • THE MACPODZ • STEPPIN’ IN IT • GIANT PANDA GUERILLA DUB SQUAD • CHRIS PIERCE • RACHEL GOODRICH • THE RAGBIRDS • FOUR FINGER FIVE

Additional artists to be announced …

Yikes batman look at that extensive lineup… I mean really no time to even go to the bathroom monte man… Is this like a week long :lol

a weekends long
in michigan
looks good, but not enough bluegrass, or mountains
id rather be in telluride
although willie nelson would be great and dylan and his “band” would be nice to see… already got my dead fix for the year, so…
with little question
id rather be at telluride
plus, thats where all the really cool festavarians will be :thumbsup

Yes, it looks great. I am headed there post-telluride to volunteer and festivate a bit on my way to Maine for the summer. Should be fun, who else is headin?

Good grief, King Sunny Ade? He was one of the first guys I was aware of when I started chasing African music 20-odd years ago. Good for him for still being on the go!

Get some of those JuJu rhythms in your soul.

And here is a new festival during late August - “down-home” in Oakland, KY - featuring Sam Bush Band, John Cowan Band, Curtis Burch and Friends and more. I first saw this on-line at their website when the Bluegrass Hotel was imploding.

[center]
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/kybls/newgrass/KennySmithDec2008-1-1.jpg

When I first saw that announcement a while back, I really wanted to make it to Rothbury, but I don’t have the money to do two festivals this summer and Telluride is always at the top of the list.

that newgrass fest in ky looks awesome