TBF 101 for families

Thanks for the info there Bodegahwy :thumbsup

Anyone here? We have an 18-month old. He’s a good camper. I’m curious where in Telluride you can buy somewhat eco-friendly diapers… anyone know? I feel sheepish about the dipes since it’s such a green festival, but we’re flying there and back and toting around cloth diapers and figuring out how to wash them the whole time sounds like no fun. Or should I just bring my own disposables? :huh

And what are some toddler-friendly foods that are available at the fest? It’s been a few years since I was there and I forget. Is there a place in town that makes awesome oatmeal in the a.m.?

Can TBF move the Famlily Tent back to the grassy area next year? Please!!!
The hockey rink was OK in theory, but in practice it just did not work well at all.
I would have thought shade would be good on sunny days, but on sunny days the hockey rink was very hot and uncomfortable.
The cookie backing (solar ovens) had to be outside, and that ruined the joy of the cookies being delivered to kids playing (no food allowed on the astroturf).

Overall, the family area was 4 or 5 times as nice when it was on the grass. Please try to move it back there.

Brian is right. The ice rink was not a success. My kids did not care for it.

Heeeelllllooooooo everyone
We are bringing our five year old and our newest addition back to the festival, we usually stay out in Mary E but were interested in Town Park, is there a family section in town park where the kids can get a little quiet in the late night? :wave
and they moved the kids tent last year 2007? missed last year, birth and all. the lower field was perfect, hope they move it back, my daughter loved the lower field.

If quiet is what you are looking for then Town Park may not be ideal. There are places by ther river that are nice but then you contend with the river. The area in the “regular” campground over by the river is nice but the spaces go fast.
You may want to consider camping on the ball field with the kids, this way you get a failrly quiet late night environment and you are able to enjoy the festivities of town park also. I can’t think of the name for that field but I know that someone here will let you know.
We took our son to shows for years, GD and (outdoor only) and Telluride and he loves music. It is a great environment for children because there are so many loving friends.
Have fun! We will see you in a few months!

Warner Field may be a good choice as long as your tent isn’t too close to the bathrooms. That’s where the line forms for the tarp run, and it could get a bit noisy late at night. :cheers

Thanks for the info, We are not looking for complete quiet but just a more laid back situation, I spoke with JD out in Denver (he says hi Tom) and he said that it wouldn’t be a problem as long as we get out early and try not to camp next to the pickin areas. No worries and no problems. It cannot get here soon enough, I could use the vacation now. D

Ut-oh… we have a live one… needs the vacation now… I remember that feeling… we’ll pray the winter is short for ya this year, bubba!

Auntie Hope :pickin

Hi there! Another newbie here. We are bringing our (will be) 20 month old next year. I hope to get tons of advice here and be really prepared with anything and everything she may need but if we did have to make a quick trip to a store, I assume having a bike would be ideal? We are staying in Town Park. Thanks!

Read around through this thread and some of the others.
You’ll more than likely find all the information you need. If you don’t just ask. :thumbsup
A bike is a big help. I’ve been know to run into town, get a case of beer and a bag of ice, and be back in Town Park in about 20 minutes or less (and I didn’t peddle fast). :cheers

It’s walkable, even with altitude sickness, up to the store and back to Town Park.

What’s the name of those toys that they sell at the Family tent- with the string and the hour glass thing you balance sort of? and where should I buy?
And anyone know a link to GOOD devil sticks?

Don’t know where to buy them, but I believe you are referring to the Diabolo.

We can’t wait for our first ever TBF experience!

:hop

This will be my fourth Telluride but the last one was 10 years ago and this time I will have two kids with me :wink: Sky 6 and Makaiya 3 They are so excited. We just found out that my hubby bought tickets for my Birthday… Hope to meet some of you there.

I will be there with my son Malachi 8. He will be looking for lots of new friends! My daughter who is 13 has no interest and is going elsewhere while we are there. she does not want to listen to " old people music" not sure how I raised her to think that! :lol

Hi everybody! I realize this thread is pretty much dead for now, BUT I just got an email that my tickets and camping passes are in the mail, so I just thought I’d say hi to any parents out there who, like me, are dreaming of June.

This will be our first TBF, though I’ve wanted to attend for 20+ years.

There seems to be a great little community here. It would be great to get to know many of you before the big trip. We’ve got a little one who will be 20 months when we make the drive out, so if you’re in the mood for TODDLER TIME, we’ve got you covered!

We’ll be at Mary E. Does anyone have suggestions on locations within the grounds, or a link to a map of the camp?

Chicken and I look forward to getting to know you all over the next few months…

Welcome to the new family! :flower

Wonderful way to start off a musical education! Kudos! :rock

We would be all over that idea!!! :wave :wave :wave

Let’s do it!!!

Carol Anne