Targhee Fest and Targhee Bluegrass Festival

Do you remember their names, John?

xoxo R

Monkeygirl, give us all a chance to get to ROCKYGRASS first!! :slight_smile:

Oh, shit…here it comes…

FFFFFFEEESSSSSSTTTTIIIIVVVAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!

Do you remember their names, John?

I wish I did, Monkeygirl. It was a full family that used to do
Telluride then has been doing Targhee the past handful of
years. They have a lovely daughter approaching her early
teens who was playing banjo, fiddle and guitar. They had
several other nice folks with them…I would like to think
they’ll be there this year. The father is an old school Deadhead too! :slight_smile:

I know them!! The daughter’s name is Savannah… I’m embarrassed to say that I can’t remember either one of the parent’s name - which is unbelievable because they know me and are always so kind (I’m a shit on so many levels… but it’s honestly a function of a slipping memory, nothing else). They are there every year, so you’ll have a chance to see them again if you go.

Savannah is a lovely young woman… Yet another one of the “next generation” of performers.

xoxo R

Yes, Monkeygirl…that’s the family!! Not only is Savannah talented,
she is lovely young lady. Last year, I started a few Festival chants,
and she changed it to…

VVVEEGGGEEETTTTAABBBLLLLEEESSSS!!!

Anybody know which musical instrument vendors will be there? I am looking to upgrade my current Martin.

This is my “home” festival allthough i am branching out and doing the whole tellruide thing this year. It is amazing. My dad comes too so we get rooms in the ski lodge where all the performers stay. I also went to the camp beforehand and had a blast learning from Thorin. It is way intiment. I stayed up until for on Sunday night jamming will BILLY NERSHI and TYLER GRANT! You can just sit on a couch in the ski lodge and watch Bela Fleck, Jeff Austin, Sam Bush, Casey Dreisen, and Drew Emmit walk by you on the way to their rooms. It is too cool for words…BUT DONT TELL ANYONE ELSE!!!

HOLY CRAP BATMAN !! You lucky duck, that must of been a great experience for you! Do they ever sleep? :medal

I went to Telluride last year and kind of wished I would have gone to GT instead. This year it will be Rockygrass and Targhee. :cheers

AHHH!!! I Need a lineup!!! This is killing me. I check the website every day and still no lineup announcment!!! I AM GOING TO EXPLODE.

No Sam Bush though as he is playing the Newgrass Festival in Kentucky. SO I NEED TO KNOW WHO IS PLAYING SATURDAY NIGHT. AHHHHH!!!

It will be tough to beat last year’s festival, I’d like to see the line up too. I hope to get my same camping spot.

Okay, they got to do this over in the Telluride Forum so I will here…

Collin’s Dream Lineup (Amusing Sam Bush Doesn’t Play)

Thursday:
Bluegrass Camp All Star Band In Driggs (NO RAIN THIS YEAR!)

Friday
4PM: The Wilders
5:30PM: Darrel Scott (Solo)
7PM: Crooked Still
9PM: Infamous Stringdusters

Saturday
12PM: Mike Marshall & Darol Anger & Friends
1:30 PM: Drew Emmit Band
3PM: Cornmeal
5PM: Punch Brothers
7:30PM: Railroad Earth
9:30PM: Yonder Mountain String Band

Sunday
12PM: Brother Mule or Loose Ties Reunion
1:30PM: Hot Buttered Rum
3PM: Avett Brothers
5:30: Sparrow Quartet

What Do We All Think?

Just confirmed railroad earth!!!

Finally, the initial lineup! I can hardly wait- see you all there.

Ahhh…dang I didnt do to good…

At least we got Yonder and Railroad…Saturday night is going to be insane!!!

We are ticketed up for 2009- don’t miss out- tickets are on sale now