South by Southwest

Wondering if Craig and others from the Planet will be going to South by Southwest (Austin, TX) again this March.

anyone else going to be there?

LuAnna

Dustin and I are representing the Planet at SXSW this year. I can’t wait. :festival

More friends of ours are playing this year than usual, including:
Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers, Uncle Earl, Paolo Nutini, Viktor Krauss, Paul Kelly, Eliza Gilkyson, Steve Earle, Pieta Brown, Andrew Bird, Elvis Perkins, Toubab Krewe, Michelle Shocked. The Waybacks, Grace Potter, Antibalas, Mountain Goats…

And at least another 50 that I’m forgetting. The list of bands is so big it makes my head hurt. :eek

I’m sure we’ll come home with 100 favorite new bands.

Last year I sat awestruck in a room with like 20 people listening to both Brett Dennen (he’s playing Folks this year - Yeeeeaaahhh!) and Paolo Nutini. I wonder who’ll have that effect this year…

Is anyone else going? Or recommendations of other bands we should be sure not to miss?

So Brian, do you need a personal assistant to augment your musical experience?

BTW Grace Potter at Telluride…wow that would be nice.

So you trust us to hold down the fort while your gone? :wink:

Do we have a choice? :jester

:flight

I am ready for a report. I wouldl love to go there someday although I would be overwhelmed by the choices. Well, I would have gone to hear the Waybacks for sure… but the rest of the decisions would have been tough,

let us know what you heard. what you thought and all that.

okay… I am still waiting to hear about it. Come one, I know you must have something to tell us about some music you heard there.

LuAnna