Something completely different...

Oh Billy, you dirty, dirty boy. I read this about three times without getting it, so then said it out loud. Not only did I get it, but the other guys in the cubes around me got it also. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Duk Tape Man would say “Bake me a Duk Tape Pie! And bring me a Tecate!” That’s what he’d say. Where’s his manners anyway?

Actually, we could have Duk Tape Pie at the potluck next year! Or we could have Pear Pie and just call it Duk Tape Pie. That’d make DTM happy and also no one would be embarrassed if they happened to turn to a fellow Festivarian and say “Excuse me, but would you like a slice of my Pear Pie?”

It could be a Duk Tape Pie Bake-Off!

I love that idea, where or when can we add another event. That’s it, we all just have to get there two weeks earlier and stay two weeks later, that should give us enough time to have a Duck Tape Pie Contest and a Cry at the Bridge event (that was mentioned on abgat.net forum.)

Bevin, I love your picture sooooooooooo much.

C

That’s the funniest gdmn thing I’ve ever heard, Bevin!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Well, you can thank Gipper for that pic. Of course…

HAPPY CRY ON THE BRIDGE EVENT! :lol :lol :lol

We could block traffic and everything!

Auntie Hope :pickin

Courtness, I’d be happy to make you a hoochie-mama to Bevin’s pimp-daddy…

Just say the word. I am “working” from home today and am COMPLETELY unsupervised!

FYI: the best pear pie I’ve ever had/made was from a magazine article (I think Sunset or Better Homes & Gardens) - it had fresh pears and a ROSEMARY and WHITE CHEDDAR crust, and was absolutely to die for.

I think I still have the recipe if anyone is interested.

PS - I would give 20% of my potential future lotto winnings to anyone who can tell me how to make these pages load faster from my school computer - I don’t have any trouble at all w/ the speed of “regular” internet pages loading, but for some reason, my computer hates the Forum :huh

Of course I’d love the recipe. :sunshine

Or even D’Anjou pie…that sounds decadent doesn’t it??? Fancy!

Just your run of the mill hoochie mama checking in. I had to give you the full size version, it’s the true inner me. Do I need to tell you that I really have that wig (the pink one). I used it when I was the butterfly. Thanks Gipper. Here’s me and my groovy virtual sidekick. Love, C

I took a vow to use my Photoshop Super Powers for Good in lieu of Evil…

However, the Temptress (aka Courtness), lured me to the Dark Side once more…

(She really does like that pink hair…)

Hey Courtney! Where DID you get those BOOTS? :thumbsup

Auntie Hope :pickin

My pimp daddy gave them to me for my birthday.

Deep-Dish Pear Pie with Cheddar-Rosemary Crust

Prep: 50 min.
Bake: 50 min.

3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons pear nectar, orange juice, or apple juice
8 cups thinly sliced, peeled pears
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup finely shredded white cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
7 to 8 tablespoons cold water

Directions

1. In a large bowl stir together sugar and cornstarch. Stir in nectar or juice. Add pear slices; toss to coat; set aside.

2. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, rosemary, and salt. Cut in shortening until pieces are the size of small peas. Stir in shredded cheese. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water at a time over part of the mixture, gently toss with a fork. Push to the side of a bowl. Repeat until all the dough is moistened. Divide dough in half. Form each half into a ball.

3. Roll half of the dough into a 13-inch circle. Transfer into a 9- or 9-1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate. Spoon pear filling into pastry-lined pie plate.

4. Roll remaining dough into a 12-inch circle. Place pastry on filling; trim 1/2 inch beyond edge of plate. Fold pastry top under bottom pastry. Crimp edge. With a knife cut slits in the top of the pie to allow steam to escape.

5. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Place pie on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes more or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.

:clap

Sounds like a job for the abgat oven sisters of Wander’In for TBF 2008. I’m thinking instead of a pie, cut the dough into circles and make mini-pastries, reducing the need for forks/plates and easy to serve from my tray thus adding a green element. I’m adding it to the bluegrass songbook for a new chapter on recipes.

PS I was just thinking about you two while getting my toes done watching the wedding stories on some tv show all about weddings.

C

Although it could be taken differently when spoken aloud, it’s not anywhere near what I heard tonight on NBC’s “Countdown” show. There was the story of a horse that won a race, I think it was in the 1950’s, named “Hoof Hearted”. :lol

Say that one out loud!

There was the story of a horse that won a race, I think it was in the 1950’s, named “Hoof Hearted”.

That’s pretty funny, but not nearly as funny as the man running for mayor of Sparks, NV last year: Jim Spoo. NO I’m NOT KIDDING!!

To Court:

We’re thinking next spring sometime… Maybe Pear Pie Pastries at the reception? :pickin

:lol Spoo…Ha Ha Ha…Spooty headed! :rollin