Some Thanksgiving Dinner Conversation...

RRE made my day!!! C’mon Cornmeal!!! :clap

L I V I N - Livin!

Alright, Dustin! Totally awesome! :cheers :medal :thumbsup

Have a great celebration of the turkey. May your dreams be filled with magic carpets made of blue grass.

PEACE!

Let 'em have it, Tom. :flight

(I have no other “surprises”…the “taster” was to throw you off :wink: )

Well, Hope was right! Emmylou Harris will be back again. :flower

:wave and the mayor is grinning from ear to ear. :wave

:love :love :flower :lovedr :flower :love :love

:hop Can we go yet? :hop

:peace

I see JD, but no AKUS. I really, really hope the whole band is there this year.

Thank you for Railroad Earth. They deserve it, the festivarians deserve it. The world deserves it.

It’s like winning the lottery - twice. :medal

What about PHISH???
late-night sheridan house maybe??? :cheers

just kidding

I had heard of a possible Phish bluegrass set.

I would shit my pants if that actually happened. My former favorite(phish) as well as my current favorite(RRE) at my all-time favorite festival would be Tits Mcee.

I couldn’t be more stoked about Railroad Earth. They are such a great band as well as a great bunch of guys. They totally deserve to be on that stage again. Thank you Planet Bluegrass for listening to us freaks.

Dan’s at Bean Blossom that weekend. Not saying he can’t travel, but I got the impression US was not playing this year and they have no dates listed.

I miss AKUS too

Any word on who EmmyLou will be playing with?

Hurray no matter who it is though!!! :cheers :cheers

I’m no Festivirgin, but I AM a RailRoad Earth newbie. With all the rave reviews i’ve seen here, I think I need to download some stuff and get ready for a great concert. What RRE would you fans suggest???

I am glad you requested that. I know who they are but have not kept up with them. Can we have a taste? :flower

Here’s some links to archive.org. You can either stream or download the whole show. These are some of my favorite shows of theirs, at least that I have.

http://www.archive.org/details/rre2008-06-14.akg-dpa
http://www.archive.org/details/rre2002-06-23.DPA4022.shnf

As far as albums go, I really like the Blackbear Sessions.

:wave Thanks Matt!

No problem! :cheers

June 6th was good, and might be a Telluride preview. They tend to add the backup singers at special events, but it isn’t the normal RRE sound.

I am not sure if there is a “bad” RRE show, but I’ve gotten into Portland 6-20 from this year of late, and I loved Milwaukee it sounds good even a few months after the fact. archive.org is a great resource for shows anytime I in the mood, last weekend’s shows are already up and at first listen they are going to in car CD play for most of the month.

If you are a buying mood and better sound quality you can check out: Watch Livestreams | Stream Concerts Online | nugs.net. I’d skip the High Sierra show that is also available from this year, some high moments, but they appear to have let the then air get to them in some places.

But for the the official live album check on “Elko”. Might be the best Live CD of the last 10 years. Elko is on emusic.com which you can get some downloads free for trying (don’t forget to then end your trial membership else they will bill you). they also have the latest and damn fine studio album “Amen Corner”

But really the only way I became somebody who spent way to much of my pay following them around was seeing them… they are a joy. Hope they a good spot a Telluride.

Railroad Earth’s newest album ‘Amen Corner’ is also a great way to see what level they’re at now. It’s actually on the list for NPR’s best albums of 2008.

In my opinion, they’re the best touring band out there right now.

I second that!!! RRE rocks! You really have to see them live to appreciate the amazing jams. Not to dis the studio stuff, 'cause it’s great too, but there is just something very special about their shows that you don’t see with many other bands.

And a Phish reunion or even the Dead would also be a great addition to the line-up! :band

Third’d!!! ~ LOOOOOOOOOVE ME SOME RAILROAD EARTH!!!
I hafta agree with the Capt… They’re the best… And such sweethearts to boot!!
I cannot wait, is it June yet???

:dancing :bubbles :band :pipe :cheers