See Tickets for Academy - how'd it go?

:wave

I had a pretty easy process - in fact I got in - which is more I can say for many other years.

How’d it go for you?

:cheers

Billy

Hey Billy :wave
I got in during the queue and at 9am I was assigned position 172, but I still got in for instrument building! :hop

1 Like

Awesome, Paul! I was number 240 and was able to get Banjo Novice. Interestingly, I went back into the queue a few minutes later and there were still mando novice and advanced available…which really surprised me and made me wonder if people got kicked out during the process.

Either way, I’ll see you there (but most likely first at T-Ride!)

RIGHT ON!

I got kicked out during the process, was on right at 10 am and didn’t get a slot. I am looking for mando slot if you know anyone.

There is a new category for anyone looking for an Academy pass. Please post here so that you have a chance of getting an Academy pass: RockyGrass Academy Ticket Exchange / Swap

It was a bit of a challenge getting into the queue, as going through the RGA site initially took me to a site on See that said tickets were not yet on sale (repeatedly after 9). I actually clicked on the “buy ticket” button anyway and it took me to a page with Planet Bluegrass on it, but no clicking timer that is typical for the queue site. I went through See tickets, it said tickets were on sale, I clicked, and I got into the queue. I hope people didn’t get to the wrong place…but I’m glad I got tickets.

One issue and question - I never did see a place to purchase a guest pass on the site. I went through the list twice, didn’t see it, and was afraid that I would lose the tickets I had, so I went ahead and paid, thinking that perhaps guest passes were going to be handled along with the RGA tickets for Academy folks. However, it wasn’t included there, either. Did I just miss it?

Hey Perry! Academy guest passes must be purchased over the phone. Give our office a call or email schools@bluegrass.com. There is more info on the website in the Frequently Asked Questions section at the bottom of the info page about what an academy guest is and and do etc.

1 Like