Rhythm and Roots Lodging/Camping Advice

Perhaps this should be posted in the Southeast section??? Any hoo…I am planning to attend Bristol Rhythm and Roots for the first time this year…I would love to camp, but I wonder if staying in town near the festival is a better option? Has anyone attended this festival and camped? If so, is getting to and from the festival pretty easy? Is “Sugar Hollow Campground” my best option if it’s still available? Any help or information would be greatly appreciated:)

In Peace,
Michelle

I’m local, so I haven’t camped for BR&R - Sugar Hollow is the only campground I’m aware of that has a shuttle to State Street, the festival site. It’s a nice, wooded campground with hot-shower bath houses and hiking & biking trails. It’s located just a few blocks off I-81’s Exit 7 on the northern (Virginia) side of town, about 10 minutes from downtown. You can find maps & pictures by Googling “Sugar Hollow Park Bristol.” There are many other campgrounds in Bristol and the greater Tri-Cities area, but Sugar Hollow is the nicest, closest, shuttley-ist one!

There’s a nice Holiday Inn at Exit 7 and several other quality motels closer in to State Street (the festival’s in the 100-600 blocks, for mapping purposes.)

If you’re coming a day or two early check out thecrookedroad.org, Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail. It’s a trail of eight traditional old-time music sites in Southwest Virginia, including The Carter Family Fold and The Ralph Stanley Museum.

Order your tickets soon and get a free 10th Anniversary poster of every year’s poster of BR&RR!
You picked the right section (FYI us regional residents say app-a-latch-a, NOT app-a-lay-cha!)

Thanks for the reply and suggestions…looking forward to checking out this festival…the lineup is amazing:)

In Peace,
Michelle