RGA Meadowpark pre-camping...

So, I’m slightly confused by this page:

http://www.bluegrass.com/rga/rules.html

“If you are planning on “camping” in line, it must be done within your vehicle. No tents please.”

When I attended academy a few years back, I lined up on Saturday at Meadowpark and was able to pitch a tent on the ball field for the night and picked away with the other attendees. Is this no longer allowed?

I don’t have a camper, just a tent…and the car will be packed full for the week of festivities. This presents a problem…

What gives?

• Jonny

I wonder too…
I want to camp out friday and saturday night, but not sure I want to sleep in my car.

:wave everybody.

Sorry for the confusion on this. Somehow, this hasn’t been changed in a couple of years (since we moved the Academy line to Meadow Park)

I’m working on having that confusing line changed, but here’s the deal:

If you are planning on “camping in line”, you can either sleep in your vehicle or place a tent in the baseball field for no additional fee beyond what you have already paid to be in line early. (those rates are listed on the same page: Academy Line Policy

Basically, you’re not allowed to take up anymore space in the line than your vehcile does as it travels down the road. We can’t have people setting up tents behind their vehicles and making the line longer, but you are allowed to set up a tent in the baseball field.

A quick clarification: you are ONLY allowed to camp in the baseball field for the Academy line. You will not be allowed to set up a tent in any of the “prime spots” along the river, etc…

Hopefully that clears this up a bit.

:cheers

D.

Thanks for the clarification!

Cheers to you…

So am I reading this right that we can have our tent in line and not our car?
Best Regards,
Brendan

Completely backwards. :lol

Your car goes in line and your tent goes in the baseball field.

Nothing allowed in line except cars/ campers in a tight single file line to make the most of space.

uoy knaht :wink:

I see what you did there. :lol

melborp on. :cheers