Railroad Earth @ Fox Theatre, Boulder -- Sept. 19th and 20th

As the subject says, tix are onsale at both foxtheatre.com and
Railroad Earth’s ticketing service.

Memo to Craig Ferguson: PLEASE book Railroad Earth for
Telluride next year, INCLUDING a show at the Sheridan.

This band is one of the very few I would travel hours to see
right now.

AMEN!!!

I know that Craig likes to “mix it up” and all; but it was years ago that we saw RRE in Telluride… it is TIME to do whatever it takes… please.

xoxo R

Sign me up!

Well this is bad news. They are gonna be there and I am gonna have to be here.

They are definitely one of my favorite bands. I made sure I was there the year they played Telluride… and they had a very early set on Thursday… like 11:30 am… so I am thinking that some people may have missed them that year! I have only seen them at Merlefest once, and I saw them last year at Hardly Strictly. The other times I have seen them I had to make mad dashes to Denver but that is totally out of the question now… so for sure they get my top vote for playing Telluride next year. :thumbsup

:flower
LuAnna

They just need to ask. Nobody calls them, they are little puzzled by at this point from my 3 minute conversation I had with Andy. They didn’t even get mentioned in this year program as a past band that won the Telluride’s band contest. That just left me puzzled!

Don’t forget RRE at Yarmony Grass is a couple weekends; they are the only band worthy of a road trip of any length IMHO!

I like Yonder, but RRE deserves a yearly spot as much as they do at Telluride.

I’m puzzled, too. When did they win that? I recall them playing the main stage about 6 months after the Black Bear Sessions was released, but that was a Saturday afternoon slot, I think. Unfortunately, I’m on the road and my tour diaries are at home. Can anybody else clarify?

I appear to be wrong. I was told that, but I went back to the 2001 program when I was told they performed at the winner of the band contest and they were not in it (they were on the program though)

Whew! Glad that’s cleared up - I thought my juvenile onset Alzheimer’s was acting up again. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I agree that RRE is a too infrequent guest at TBF - and I think they’d have a great time at Rockygrass. Andy Goessling could sit in with just about anybody.

Well perhaps we should start a poll up in the general discussion section. One that asks for a vote for RRE at TBF 2009.