Questions for Newbies--Shade tent, getting in, etc

Hi there,
We are coming to the festival for the first time. We are local and will not be camping.
We’re curious about the process of getting settled in our spot for the day.
Can we bring a wagon to pull in our gear? We’re planning to bring a shade tent/screen room. Is that possible as long as it’s no more than 10x10? Or, should we bring something more like a patio umbrella?
Also we will not be lining up ahead of time for a number, but showing up in the morning. Do we just go in after everyone with a number? What time would be best to aim for?
Thanks!
Stacey

Hi Stacey. If you don’t plan on lining up for tickets you realistically won’t be able to put up a sun shade. Most spots will be taken up by then. The earlier you can get there the better. Definitely bring a wagon.

Have fun,
Chris

1 Like

Wow, thank you, that’s good to know. So, they run out of space for the shade area?

HI Stacey,

Spots for popup shade tents and umbrellas are allowed in the very back and sort on the sides. These areas are mostly marked, but when you get there you’ll see where pop ups are permitted. (If not, anyone will tell you/show you were shade tents can go.) They do go quickly - if you’re able to get someone there when gates open you’ll have a better chance. If it were me, I would still bring a tent in case there is space - wouldnt not want your tent if you did find a place to put it. =) But to answer your quetion, yes, the area where shade tents/umbrellas are permittited do fill up. Though, bring your water shoes and somthing to wear so you can wade in the river/stream to cool off. Cooling towels have been a lifesaver. And yes to a wagon, they are helpful hauling your gear, especially at the end of the day.

Have a great time!!

Thanks for asking and answering. I have the exact question but curious about what the experience is if/when spots do fill up. This is our first time attending. We’re excited to go, of course!

Assuming we are there to hang out and see the music, and assuming we don’t get a spot to put a tarp or small popup shade tent, where does one go?

We are unlikely to make it for tarp run, so if anyone has thoughts on what we can expect on Saturday during the day, we’d be grateful. We are bringing a kid and just want to maximize enjoyment.

Thank you!
Brad

Heya!

Worry not, if you have a ticket, there is space for you.

“Tarp Surfing” is always an option - if you see an empty tarp (or ez-up), you’re welcome to hang out on it until the owners return (in which case you may make a new friend and hang there for rest of the day).

If you’re not comfortable with that, there will be space for you, just walk around a bit and ask around, we’re friendly folk.

If you get in a bind and can’t find anything, shoot me a message and we’ll figure it out :slight_smile:

1 Like