Preliminary 2013 Folks Festival lineup

We’re excited to announce the preliminary lineup for the 23rd Annual Rocky Mountain Folks Festival (Aug 16-18, 2013)…

• Loreena McKennitt
  • John Butler Trio
  • Patty Griffin
  • Colin Meloy
  • Mary Gauthier
  • Nathaniel Rateliff
  • Lynn Miles
  • Shane Koyczan & the Short Story Long
  • Ariana Gillis
  • Robby Hecht
  • Songwriter Showcase
  • And many many more still to be announced…

View the full lineup at:
http://www.bluegrass.com/folks/lineup.html

We would really love to know what day Loreena will be there. My husband has to work Fri-Sun and can only take one day off!! :slight_smile:

good start! still a headliner (maybe two)… pretty late on the lineup this year, but last year was so great maybe it carried over!

to see a few new names is always good. but then I always seem to learn more about (new at least to me) music at Folks than anywhere else…

Honestly…like the last few years of Folks Fest lineups, I am quite underwhelmed again with this pre-lim lineup. YMWV, as folk music to me is much more than strum-strum. Key words: more uptempo and more cultural.

Patty G…WOW! So much soul in that tiny white body :medal where did she get that from? :medal

Maybe just one more week to go for the rest…

Last year lineup was released on 24.April

OK I’m ready…

:butterfly

I am so ready for the rest of the lineup.

We’re getting close. But it’s looking like we’re probably about 2 weeks away from the complete single-day lineup announcement…

It’ll be worth the wait… We have some great things still in the works. :cheers

I like this.

Thanks Brian!

I am also underwhelmed by the line-up, but Brian never steers us wrong. :slight_smile: Here’s to some great news in a couple of weeks.