POLL: Who Would You Like To See Peter Rowan Sit In With?

Seems to be a bit of an odd year the way the deck has been shuffled a bit in terms of the schedule with the house band closing on Thursday. Also of note: I can’t seem to remember the last time Peter Rowan played on Sunday?!?

I know last year he sat in with the house band for a few songs on Sunday (which I was shocked to see), but he doesn’t seem to quite make the rounds like Sam does regarding sit ins … although PR has certainly done his fair share of collaborations.

Since his set is Sunday, maybe there’s a chance he’ll be in Telluride from the get go (I don’t see anything else on his website’s schedule except for maybe decompressing for a couple days after getting back from Alaska) … so he could receive an invite or two.

I’m gonna go with Emmylou (on Friday) as a first choice … I’d love to hear what they could do on vocal harmonies on a song or two.

Runner up would be Emmitt-Nershi (on Sat) as a second choice …

Sunday, June 19, 2011
10:00am — Gates Open
11:00 - noon — Darrell Scott & Friends’ Father’s Day Gospel Hour
12:30 - 1:30pm — Edgar Meyer
2:00 - 3:15pm — Abigail Washburn & the Village
3:45 - 5:00pm — Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band
5:30 - 6:45pm — Punch Brothers
7:15 - 8:30pm — Mumford & Sons
9:00 - 10:30pm — Robert Plant & Band of Joy

I like Sunday and hope Peter Rowan sits in with everybody that day before and after his set :cheers
But, if I had to choose just one… I’d like to hear Peter Rowan with Darrell Scott for the Father’s Day Gospel Hour show :oconnor

His tour schedule shows he’s free from the 12th until his set on the 29th, so there’s no telling. The gospel hour would be good, but other than that I’m hoping he controls himself.

:wave Darrell & “FRIENDS” for my Father’s Day sounds absolutely PERFECT! :thumbsup :thumbsup

I think it’s a slam dunk.

I LOVE Peter Rowan. No kidding. :medal

I’d love to see him sit in with anyone who can tune a guitar. :wink:

Peter and Drew kick some serious butt together :flower

OK Bevin…
How about we get him to sit in with you? Assuming you know how to tune a guitar :cheers

:peace

I’ve been thinking the same thing. And as the relative “newbie” on Production, I end up with a lot of morning shifts during th efest. I’m hoping as one of the few Dad’s on the crew, I can get a Hall Pass for Darrell!

The Gushy Sam Band. oops meant to say Bushy, but after a few Woofs it could get gushy.