Poetry Contest: Your poem in the 2011 TBF program

Sammy, Tim, Jerry and Bela; another year, another “hell ya!”

Come to these Yonder Mountains my dear, we’ve waited our whole lives to be exactly HERE.

AAAaaaarms up! Catch that tune!

Movin , groovin all across the room :hop :hop :hop :hop :hop :hop :hop :hop

Festivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvval is comin soon!!! :flower

So one in 10,000 / oh my oh dear my
Try all of 10,000 / lets fix this sweet lie

Bela & Abby & EmmyLou
Plant, Railroad, Mumford and Sammy Too!
All for Bluegrass, and All for You!

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

BIT OPEN once more / Love the sound, Troubadour!
Bluegrass at the core / /FESTIVVVAAALLL Music We Adore!!!

Oh, how I love a good rhyme. Can’t wait for Telluride this year!

Like magic from Gabe’s fiddle bow / “I heart U” says the lingering snow
(my heart wingding didn’t copy, so I substituted the word heart).

Watermelon shared in a chilly mountain stream / With Telluride and bluegrass we’re livin’ the dream

The porta-john’s the place to meet / Ten thousand festavarians with chaco-tanned feet

CD chains glimmer in the sun / Telluride’s the place where mountains and music become one

Yo-Yo’s got nothing on Ben Sollee / Ben’s where it’s at if you ask me (i really do love Yo-Yo, too.)

A birdseye view of multicolored tents / TBF is the best and that’s my two cents.

Bluegrasstunes make my feet groove / What happens here is more beautiful than anything at the Louvre

LOL – I thought this was your first couplet, which I thought was honestly very funny.

Oh well.

This is the mindset I am in.

What to do on this short set break? / A 'tweener goes well with killer flank steak!

Bela, Edgar, Jerry & Sammy Too / Abby, Allison, Sarah & Emmylou!

Ingram Falls East and Valley Floor West / All Four Days, Enjoy the Fest!

From the Shellman Stage, NightGrass & Elk’s Park / The 38th Telluride BlueGrass is making it’s mark!

“Going Green” is Easy in Your Heart / But Only Really Happens When We All Take Part!

jugglers, crafts and clowns - family tent volunteer
watching budding festivarians grow with each passing year

summer solstice celebration
annual sojourn to festivation

music and magic in the air above
friends gather on the tarp to share more love

Camp Cascadia went big last year
did you know that dome is 5/8ths of a sphere?

troubadours, toe jobs and home brew
another year with the tiki bar crew

Fell in love again on our tarp / henna tattoo lasts for days, forever in my heart

Set up camp, ground was damp
      Fun was spent in pickin' tent!  :pickin

With sweet musical notes abound in the air / to keep my feet still i just cant bear!

-Diehl Dalton

With each twang of the banjo and strum of mandolin / i cant stop my soul from wanting to jump right in.

-Diehl Dalton

red cliffs echo music from the shelman stage. this is how heaven we are to guage

Here we come, year after year
There is no other place in our hearts
so dear.

Wow. Such beautiful words from everyone. :medal

:flower

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your rhymes and reflections. Feel free to keep 'em coming. We’ll highlight this thread in an upcoming “Notes from the Planet” so everyone has a chance to enjoy all of these.

We’re in the process of choosing 20 or so for the program. In order to spread the love around, we’ll choose just 1 per person - even if you submitted numerous great ones.

Our apologies if we weren’t able to include yours in the program. It’s probably not because we didn’t thoroughly enjoy your poem; more likely it’s just that we needed a different subject to pair with the specific page in the program. And regrettably, our space is limited.

Thank you thank you, everyone. :cheers

the bluegrass i hear with you is more than music
this festival we share together will last forever