Plant/Krauss/Burnett on Charlie Rose 11/14

If you can make it through the first segment with Gen. William Ward (US Africa Command), the 2nd segment tomorrow night on the Charlie Rose show (PBS) is supposed to be Robert Plant, Alison Krauss and T-Bone Burnett talking about “Raising Sand”.

You can stream it later from Rose’s website if you miss it and care.

Ron

Ron, your avita photo… it’s Trey?

Auntie Hope :pickin

I thought it was Bill Gates. :lol

You know, I think you may be right there T-Tom! Guess we’ll have to wait for the ORIA to come back and verify!

I think T-Tom is right!! Trey would have been a teenager 30 years ago while Mr. Microsoft would have been in his 20’s.

:cheers

No need to wait - it’s a famous pic in geek chic.

Microsoft boss Bill Gates was photographed by the Albuquerque, New Mexico police in 1977 after a traffic violation (details of which have been lost over time)

Dean

And what if anything do I win? :lol

Free ticket to TBF next year… how’s that? :lol

How about a beer from Ron, since I already have that! :flower

Had you seen the pic before or did you ID him cold? Either way, nice job.

It’s Bill back when a traffic fine might have meant something to him, although you couldn’t tell it by the smile in the mug-shot. Don’t know why but when I ran across it, it amused me- and it’s 30 yrs. next month and from the town I now call home.

At least a beer, Mr. Mayor. Any green chile or salsa requests that I can bring you from down South? Let me know

• Ron (other Ron, that is)

I may have seen the picture before, but I don’t remember when.
I’ll accept the beer, and look forward to meeting you in June. :cheers

Back on Topic…

I waited up until after midnight to see the Charlie Rose show, and it was quite amusing. I didn’t realize how involved T-Bone was with this project but it makes sense that he would be given the music and the talent. :slight_smile:

Praying they make it to TBF '08!

I couldn’t stay awake, but they re-ran it here at noon so I caught the segment today while home for lunch.

When they talked about performing the material live, it certainly did nothing to squelch the hope that we might see them together in T-ride. That would really be something special. We’ll see.

They seemed to have had a genuinely good time making the record, and seemed to enjoy being outside of their respective comfort zones. It was a good interview- if anybody missed it, is interested and has good internet speed- it should be on Charlie Rose’s website for a few days.

Ron