On Site Camping and Off Site Parking Question

This is my first trip to Rocky Grass and Colorado…

I won’t be getting into Lyons before midnight on Thursday night. My friends are trying to get me a ticket at this time. I am trusting once I am there, I can park somewhere, get my ticket and get in. All my stuff is already there. I am getting a little nervous about how I am going to find my way around…

If I park in the off-site lot (assuming there is one), can I get in after midnight? I am assuming there will be no shuttles running back and forth at that time. Is that correct?

Any suggestions on where I can park and get to the festival past midnight?

Thanks,
Sonia

I think the parking will be open that late…and fortunately it’s short walk from the parking area to any of the three camping areas. Olson is right there, Meadow Park is 5-10 minutes and onsite camping is 10-15 minutes away. You will probably be able to just pull into the camping area and find your friends, then go and park and walk back. The folks there are pretty nice, so you shouldn’t have any trouble getting in to find your friends and get your ticket.

Good luck and see you at RG 2007!

Thanks for the info…I am really excited…

BTW, I got directions to Lyons however I really can’t find directions to the off-site parking or to the on-site camping…it Rocky Grass website mentions to follow the signs to the festival…

There should be lots of signs to help you out. A quick verbal description:

When you come into Lyons from DIA (probably across 66), it will dump you right into town facing west. From this viewpoint, off-site parking and Olson campground is to the left, onsite camping / main stage is straight through town and on the right. It’s a very small town so it’s hard to get lost…

If you use Google maps and zoom in on Lyons, CO look for Bohn Park: this is essentially offsite parking and Olson camping. Meadowpark is, well, Meadowpark. The main festival grounds and onsite camping is located inside the “V” north of Rt 36 (W. Main St) and west 5th avenue.

Good luck!