Old Settlers cancelled for 2024

Sad news. Old Settlers 2024 has been cancelled. Hoping it returns in 2025.

Hello OSMF family!

It is after much consideration that we have made the difficult decision to sell the OSMF Homestead, and to postpone the next festival until 2025.

We have had a wonderful 6 years at the property and have decided that it is much larger than we need and therefore we intend to sell it. We will consider keeping the festival on the property or pursuing other locations with camping and additional infrastructure.

We are grateful to those that had the vision of growth for the organization to include owning property, however we need to do what is in the best interest of our 501(c)3 nonprofit organization so that we can preserve this legacy and continue the festival for another 36 years and beyond!

We know that this family will embrace a new location as we have always done. In fact, we have held the fest in multiple locations over our 36 years – 4 to be exact!

We will continue to provide opportunities to gather over our shared love of music and community over the course of the next year, whether it be at the property while it is on the market, or elsewhere.

And be sure to check out the eclipse parties happening in April 2024 hosted by our friends at Kerrville Folk Festival and Utopia Fest.

Old Settler’s Music Festival will continue to thrive and will be back in 2025. We look forward to having each and every one of you on this journey with us!

To stay on top of upcoming events and news, please subscribe here for email updates.
​

Dang, we were considering going back, that was a cool location!

This is a darn shame. I hope they come back, too, but their Executive Director resigned, and the festival has had drama since before Covid. I loved that one - it was one of the few places where we could see Bluegrass and Americana artists in Texas! Here’s hoping this is just a temporary bump in the road for them!

Will we see you at Telluride/RockyGrass, Fred?

Still waiting for a ticket for Telluride. On the fence for RockyGrass.
Caught Steep Canyon Rangers in Nashville back in September.
The week after you all caught Covid at SCR show.
They played at Analog at Hutton Hotel. What a great listening room.
Maybe one of the best in the country. Was sitting on a couch front row.
They only played for 45 minutes but sets during Americana Festival are
short. Normal set is 30 minutes.
Made it to the Americana Awards show at the Ryman. Was sitting 5th row
middle on the end of aisle. Brandi Carlie and her wife was sitting in front
of me. Allison Russell was across from me in the next section. Several other
artist were nearby including Bonnie Raitt.
You can catch me on the Awards show several times but I know at 1:46.
Awards show is on YouTube.
You can see me high fiving Sisters Strings who were behind me after they
received their Award. Was a great night of music.

Great news! Old Settlers is back!

Mark your calendars for The Old Settler’s Music Festival Spring Pickin’ Party

May 9 – 12, 2024

We’re getting back to our roots. Come join us for an intimate festival experience where you are a part of all the action.

All the fun is taking place in Campgrounds Banjo and Collings. Early entry on Thursday begins at noon. Set up camp and enjoy open mic in the evening.

Enjoy music and workshops at the Campground Stage during the day. And at night, enjoy the pickin’ circles throughout the campgrounds where members of the bands join in on all the fun!

On Sunday, we’ll have a special set before everyone breaks down, packs up and heads home.

It’s another magical gathering and you don’t want to miss it. Get your ticket while they last. Quantities are limited.

1 Like

Yeah, I got that email. Sounds like they’re going to put on a fun intimate event! Fred, we just booked Brad Absher for Bushyhead!

That is great for both of you. Brad plays Blues Stock each year on a ranch outside
of Bellville TX. Last year it was the weekend after Bushyhead. Just west of Houston on some land of friends/family. Brad and his wife make a mean gumbo. Tell him I said “Hi”.
What are the chances that your able to book Elephant Revival this year?