Old random memories...through the looking glass

Its kind of fun going back down memory lane and also looking forward to upcoming festivals!

I remember as a kid seeing some shows in the Quonset hut (also maybe some films at film fest) - cool venue uphill there…

When we used to come over from Durango growing up it was so fun to visit Telluride - was like a mythical fun place I would look forward to all year and still do. …always so green in the valley that time of year with snow capped peaks…

Also, another random memory of a character that used to have his model of the amphitheater he was proposing that looked like an eagle that he would set up on Colorado Ave (main st) annually?

Was fun to walk around town too - O’Bannons was always lively scene.

My parents have some memories of seeing an early Bluegrass fest there with Willie Nelson in 70s or early 80s and hay bales for seating… ok thats it for now - just going down memory lane a little here. I have so many memories of good music there from over the years…John Hartford, Emmylou, Sam Bush, Bela, James Taylor, Peter Rowan, Grisman, Robert Plant…so many others. The music so great and then the people in the audience! Such a great scene…

1 Like