Noob questions!

Hey everyone, first year going to TBF! I had a few questions. Im going solo & camping at Mary, i can’t get there until wednesday afternoon and was wondering how hard it’ll be to get a spot? I’ll just have a one person tent and a tote of gear with me. Also do i have to have a tarp and do i HAVE to get a number early to get in to have a place to sit? Once again it’ll be just me & a lil backpacking chair. Is it likely i can just squeeze in somewhere during the day? Im aware of bringing 4 seasons worth of clothes/snacks/water/sunscreen but is there anything that really improved your time at the fest? TYIA!

1 Like

If you’ve only got a one-person tent you will have no problem finding a spot in Mary E.
And if it’s just you with your chair, you do not need to worry with getting a tarp number and running when the gates open. Just stroll in at your leisure and cruise around the tarps until you find a good spot. Introduce yourself if there’s someone already on the tarp and ask if you can sit there. Almost certainly you will be invited to join and you may make a friend for life! Welcome!

2 Likes

Thank you! That helps a lot🙂

Going solo makes all the logistical problems go away! I’d suggest purchasing a small 3x5 Tarpestry (you can get them at the Festival) those are great for squeezing in and saves you a nice little personal space. Buy one of the insulated steel pint glasses, because it gets hot!

1 Like

Awesome thank you!

I used to not be part of a big camp so it was either just me or me +1. Grab a small blanket or even a town and see if there is a spot available on the SNAKE COVER (the covered sound lines that are directly in front of the sound booth. I always found space there right between the large tarps up front. It also lets you make new friends with people who obviously have great tarp numbers and runners!

2 Likes

some of the best lifelong friends BTW :+1:

These are very tips for another first-timer and solo fest goer. Looking forward to it!