Nightgrass questions

hi all! this is our first time to Telluride, and I’m curious about Nightgrass. Is it typically just one band a night? Which bands usually play? Do tix sell out quickly? What’s the usual price for a ticket?
thanks!

Hi there!

Most recently it’s been 4 bands per night at either the: Palm Theatre, Fly Me To The Moon Saloon (O’Bannon’s), Club Red (Mountain Village), or the Sheridan Opera House. I believe they all start at 11pm.

Greensky, Dusters, Punch, Salmon are often represented. You’ll see a smattering of other acts - this year maybe Yonder, Sierra Ferrell, Sarah Jarosz, Nickel Creek, Earls, SCI?, etc.

They sell relative to the popularity of the band. I think they almost all eventually sell out. Greensky and Punch are often the hottest tickets. If SCI did nightgrass, those would go in a flash. Historically they’ve been priced around $30-45, again depending on the popularity of the band.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thank you!! This is exactly the type of information I was seeking. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do we get notified when they go on sale?

I’m sure an e-mail will go out. If not, keep an eye here on the forums :slight_smile:

You can also check the website here: https://bluegrass.com/telluride/lineup/nightgrass From the bottom of that page you can join the newsletter so you don’t miss anything!

1 Like

I’m guessing any day now there will be some official announcement. Should be a Firstgrass announcement soon too!

3 Likes

any…day…now… :wink: :shushing_face:

• BluegrassNat :sunflower:
3 Likes

Do we need to reenter the queue every hour for each night?

yes

filler filler filler

1 Like

I think the way it works is that you need to go to the see tickets page for Nightgrass and select every time the day/night you are interested in. I suspect it is a new queue every hour.

1 Like

I got back in the queue for the second night. Got in, tried to purchase Sarah tix, got sent back to the queue each time I tried to checkout (three times), then got kicked out completely and had to get a new spot in the queue. Now have 500 people ahead of me. @BluegrassNat, any clue what happened??

Are you sure you’re in line for Sarah or did you click on greensky? Try this: https://wl.seetickets.us/wafform.aspx?_act=eventtickets&_pky=545075&afflky=planetbluegrass

yup, definitely in for Sarah. Chose 2 tix, clicked the purchase button, and ended up back in the queue.
I did manage to get them after waiting in the queue a second time, but it was just weird.

I’m not even seeing an option for joining a queue for Punch or Dusters??

Punch Brothers queue won‘t open until 1 pm MDT with sale opening at 2 pm MDT. A queue ’in line‘ should be possible for Dusters, although the line doesn’t open until noon MDT. I suggest closing your browser window and go to https://wl.seetickets.us/planetbluegrass and click on the Dusters icon/buy tickets to get your placeholder. Good luck!

1 Like

I think those are on sale at 1 MT and 2 MT. They staggered the on-sale times, so queue times staggered as well. Queue right now is for NC and Yonder.

I’m impressed with how smoothly the Nightgrass sales are going!

3 Likes

this is my first time going through it, but i agree! i only had the one glitch with the thursday show, but i think it might have been because i had more than one ticket window open.

Thanks y’all! @Festival_Fred I got your Dusters ticket, you can relax at Jazz Fest now!

1 Like

Punch Bros sold out in 3 minutes? or is something amiss?