newbie Shady Grove camping questions

Questions from a n00b -

The website says load in for shady grove is at 9am thursday and to not arrive early or line up along the hwy but is that really the case?

What is the land rush like at Shady Grove? How far is the parking area from SG? Are sites just willy-nilly all over the place or are there designated walking paths?

Where is the best place to set up if I get there as early as possible?

Will I be able to leave w/ my truck after setting up my campsite and return Friday? Have some adulting to do.

Are propane stoves allowed in SG?

Thanks to all for any responses. Looking forward to not being a noob anymore!

Everyone is a Shady Grove noob because it’s a brand new campground!

The website says load in for shady grove is at 9am thursday and to not arrive early or line up along the hwy but is that really the case?
YES - absolutely do not show up early. They will not let you in. Also if a lot of people did you could block the highway and the state patrol REALLY REALLY doesn't like that and could put the Planet at risk of not being able to hold events in the future.
What is the land rush like at Shady Grove? How far is the parking area from SG? Are sites just willy-nilly all over the place or are there designated walking paths?
Again, it's new so nobody really knows - PB might have an idea of how many tickets they sold so they could potentially tell you how busy it's going to be but I'd imagine the load in will be pretty chill. Check out [url=https://bluegrass.com/assets/img/uploads/screen-shot-2022-03-17-at-4.02.57-pm.png]the map[/url]. The orange "Farm" area is where you'll park and there's a bridge where you'll haul your stuff over. This is just an open area as far as I recall so I don't believe there are any designated spots so to speak.
Where is the best place to set up if I get there as early as possible?
Nobody has ever camped here before so you'll need to hunt around and figure this out yourself.

[quote]Will I be able to leave w/ my truck after setting up my campsite and return Friday? Have some adulting to do.//quote] Yes but you may need to pay another daily fee of $10 or whatever. Unlikely though.

Are propane stoves allowed in SG?
Yes

Awesome thanks for the response! I forgot that the campground is new. I wonder if it might just be easier to just arrive on Friday.

You’re welcome!

Based on the fact that tickets are still available I don’t think it’s going to be a super tight in there so arriving on Friday might be totally okay. But I’d imagine the best spots get scooped up Thursday morning.