new tents

June weather conditions are quite variable in the mountains of Colorado. While camping during the festival, it has snowed, hailed, rained, has been sunny, cloudy, hot, and cold… all in one day. I recommend that you get a good quality tent that can handle bad weather. Look at cabellas.com and spend the extra money. A good tent will keep you dry and last many years.

Karlos :cheers

Now there’s a Lucy moment :lol

. I set up my new tent and it is still up and grounded, even with cheesy stakes, really cheesy, made me feel like superman when I pounded them and they bent in half :lol :strong

Could be that sleeper sofa’s wieghin it down :flower

I just hate having to carry that sofa in and back out of the campground.

Hey yer talkin to a chick that can bend stakes in half, :flower :cheers

Piece a cake.

And put up the tent EARLY. A few years ago, I got to the campground at a festival and immediately broke out my mando and started having fun. “I’ll just throw up the tent later”, I thought. Well after dark I remembered the tent. Pulling out my stuff, I noticed I had no poles (nor any time to run the 1 hour home to get them).

Thankfully my friend offered to share his small tent. Unfortunately, he had mucho beans for dinner. You can guess the rest…

Yes, you are right. The only thing worse is to try to put up a tent for someone else that is missing the main pole or most of the stakes.

Pop up canopies

Last year the trees where I set up my tent had grown so much that I barely got it in the spot, so this year I may be in a different place! Cuz I’m not getting a new tent, it’s too cute.
I’ll probably go up sometime this week and look at the trees and take some measurements. :thumbsup

There are two important things that you should consider when buying a family tent for the first time: capacity and weather. You can also go for a tent that could be used for any season.

Pop up tents

A strategy that has been used in Camp Flamingo…

Use your good smaller tent to sleep in, and bring along a little pop-up dome tent to put next to it for your gear. Like a walk-in-closet. Probably grab one cheap on Craigslist or on sale at Target. Use some extra waterproofing on it. Just try to get one with a larger rather than smaller rainfly.

^^great idea.

I broke down and bought a coleman. I can tell it won’t last forever, but a few times a year shouldn’t hurt much. Full fly with a vestibule for 80 bucks. I can even stand in it!

Should be fun to watch me set up, my wife was laughing at me last night in the living room.

Better than laughing at you in the bedroom!!!

A tent is a shelter consisting of sheets of fabric or other material draped over or attached to a frame of poles or attached to a supporting rope. While smaller tents may be free-standing or attached to the ground, large tents are usually anchored using guy ropes tied to stakes or tent pegs. First used as portable homes by nomadic peoples, tents are now more often used for recreational camping and temporary shelters.

Pop up canopies

This reminds me of a Tequila cookie recipe that involves, well tequila, and the end result of no cookies and the oven in the dishwasher!! I stick to the tents that have only two poles, four corners, and boyfriend who gets it set up before I return from the car… :flower