New campers

Ok, we are new campers. We will be there Thursday. We have tents, and a couple of he posts have me worried about the lineup. We don’t have a vehicle pass. We are experienced festival campers and participate in the cluster that is the Winfield bluegrass festival. I’m trying to figure out if it is like Kerrvillle? Several questions… Can we drive to our spot to unload things, or how do we get stuff in? (Note, we are in our 60’s, so a little concerning). Is there a chance we won’t get a space for a tent? Or is just that people want their spots? I think I’m ok with everything else. Hoping this is fun…

You’ll be fine. You’ll be able to drive in and find a spot then go park.

Finding room will happen, the people are great.

Have fun. FESTIVAAAAAAAL!

I agree with Lorax. You’ll be fine. Arrive as early as you can Thursday and get in line at Bohn Park. The parade starts at 6pm. You’ll drive in, it’s kind of a loop in the main campground, cruise around until you see what looks like a good spot, pull over, throw down a tarp to claim your spot, then unload your stuff. It will seem like chaos, but in a fun way. Then drive back to Bohn and park, and walk back or take the shuttle. Then setup. Then pop the top of your favorite beverage, and sit down in a camp chair, and watch the late-comers setting up. :slight_smile:

Also, since you don’t have a vehicle pass, you can camp backstage. It’s a much smaller area, but I’d say if your number in line is 200 or less, maybe 250 or less, you can get a good spot back there. When you enter Planet Bluegrass, stay on the gravel road that runs parallel to the highway and go til it ends alongside the stage. The PB folks will direct you to a parking space. Then grab a tarp, stake out a spot, and come back and unload your stuff. Then move your car back to Bohn. The difference is that you will have to carry your stuff farther than the main campground.

Some folks prefer the main campground and some prefer backstage. You’ll have a good time at either.

Thanks! I’m feeling better about it. Looking forward to a great time! The lineup is pretty exciting!