NA Beer - can I bring into the festival? Is it sold inside the festival?

I see the Planet Bluegrass site says we can bring nonalcoholic beverages into the festival but I’m wondering about NA beers that have the “less than 0.5% alcohol” label (vs. the 0.0%)?

if I can’t bring my own, are there NA beer options sold inside the festival?

Thank you! Excited for my first TBF!

1 Like

You absolutely can! But it does take a little educating of the bag checkers. I’m just up front with them “hey I have some NA beer in there, there’s no alcohol in them” and often pull one out to show the label. Some have been skeptical but it’s becoming more common so it’s been less of an issue over the years. I did have one guy call out the .05 thing in 2021 and after a short discussion it was no big deal and he let us through. Just be respectful and it’ll be fine!

There are a ton of NA options in the fest but no NA beers to my knowledge (yet!) @upslopebrewing

2 Likes

In addition to what Lucas said, just make sure your NA beer are in cans , pitchers, or beer funnels - no glass is allowed.

2 Likes

What’s NA beer? And, I’m sure if it’s good you’d be able to buy some inside.

1 Like

NA beer = non-alcoholic beer :slightly_smiling_face:

For anyone who’s interested, the NA beer market has exploded in the past year or so. We used to limited to a few sorry imitations of beer from the major brewers that had barely more flavor than water. Now there are craft NA brewers and I can actually get a hoppy NA! Ya gotta love science! Check out West Coast IPA from Bravus Brewing Co and Free Wave IPA from Athletic Brewing Co. There are plenty of NA lagers and pilsners, too, but those are not my style.

3 Likes