mosquitos

Ok Ive got the idea now.

You tell us how great it is, how great the music/beer/people etc are, distract us with talk of tarp, bacon, pasties, free sex etc and so get us to buy flights, tickets etc and then…

2 weeks out you mention the thunderstorms and the mosquitos ?

What next ? Gun toting crack dealers on every corner ??? :frowning: :frowning:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

No, Not every corner :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Will she trade me for a Weed & Water cocktail??? My friends say it’s a panty dropper, whatever that means… :wink:

Brian you might what to try this soap I’ve been told the ladies seem to like it.

A bacon soap named “Hogwash”? That is funny! And the “hook” to try it is “Everybody loves bacon (the meat of the Gods).
And now we can bathe with bacony goodness.”
Way too funny!
Wow, you are listening to that? Tell Julie to close her mouth when she eats. :lol

The Frontline sold by veterinarians contains Fipronil which is specific to insect nervous systems. It is topical only and not absorbed systemically.

I think it is hands down the best product out there for tick control. It kills them within 24 hours of attachment, which means that your furry friend won’t get the nasty tick bourne diseases they carry.

Nahhhh, those guys got run out of town by the bunch of scousers who’ll wait behind the trees to steal your drinks.

:lol :lol :lol

No seriously Mark, I see your point, but really, mosquitoes aren’t that bad, as long as you have some decent repellent :thumbsup

I like Maineahhh’s natural option: I’ll definitely sign up for some off the stuff if there’s any going?!?

Bring on the Citronella, once we all stink of the stuff we’ll stop noticing it… :cheers

Scoucers ? No please tell me there arent any with 1000 miles.

You are soooo lucky :wink: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

one of my teachers once told me the Touareg (sp?) tribe of Northern Africa use Guiness as their mosquito repellent. Turns out if you are a nomadic desert dweller who only drinks rarely, then two Guiness will knock you out and you don’t even notice the mosquitoes. I plan to use a similar method.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Definitely an option to consider…

I’m guessing wednesday night’s rumballs will have the desired effect on me, what with the altitude and the sheer reputation of the stuff :cheers

:wavehi all! fabric softener sheets in your pockets keep mosquitos away for quite a while and you smell quite fragrantly amongst your friends at the campsite:) :thumbsup

:wave

As a kid, we used my grandma’s Skin-So-Soft to fight off the mosquitoes… and it really WORKED!! :slight_smile:

Do they still make that stuff?

5 days till Telluride!!! :cheers

Personally, I find that if you keep enough alcohol in your system, the bugs will leave you alone. And if you occasionally get bitten by a stupid bug… well he won’t bite anyone else and you won’t know that he bit you.

:evil Denis

All this talk of mosquitos. Honestly, I don’t recall ever seeing a mosquito in Town Park. Must be that they don’t make the wristbands that small.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Avon makes it, and it does work. Last year the only time I was bothered was when I was setting up my tent and probably disturbed some. After that they weren’t a problem really. And Sarah, is it Big juice or Bug juice? Hell you won’t read this, you’re already there! I’ll see you Monday again.
I have some citronella incense sticks I’m bringing that seem to work well, and some citronella candles in buckets. When they open up the preserve if there are skeeters that’s when they will be the most active.
And as far as scousers hiding in the bushes to steal your drinks, that’s probably DukTapeMan!