Molly Tuttle - New band, New label

Molly has lots happening right now. Golden Highway is the name of her new band featuring Dominick Leslie on mando, Kyle Tuttle on banjo, Bronwyn Keith-Hynes on fiddle, and Shelby Means on bass. Its a return to straight forward bluegrass.

She has moved up to Nonesuch Records, home of EmmyLou, Punchies, T-Bone, and Ry Cooder. The record is untitled as of yet.

A big tour is planned for the first months of 2022, after she plays The Ryman and Carnegie Hall with Bela’s My Bluegrass Heart extravaganza.

The new video was released 11/17 and the track was co-produced by Jerry Douglas.

A lock for TBF 2022

1 Like

Hey Meters Fan, I saw your posting on Jazz Fest message board.

Hey Fred! Tuttle-mania crosses all boundaries. Here’s hoping they book her at JF again after the 2020 cancellation. Et toi!

Live version of Molly Tuttle and Golden Highway. Excellent mando by Dominick Leslie.

We are working with Molly to get her booked at our next years Bushyhead Festival!

Best of luck Todd. I hope it works out. So proud of Molly T! Such a great musician, and a great person.

That would be awesome! That would put Bushyhead on the map!

Just got back from seeing Molly and Golden Highway. With less than a week on the road, the band is pretty tight. You get a good cross section of new tunes, older MT solo work and some smoking covers.

House was full but not sold out. Many gigs ahead. Don’t miss this one!

Dominick Leslie and the fiddler Bronwyn Keith-Hynes split the MVP award. Stellar playing by both.

A big hit was her new song “Grass Valley” about coming to the CBA Fathers Day Festival as a ten year old. It really struck a chord in the crowd since the show was in Grass Valley!

The new disc “Crooked Tree” drops on April 1st.

I smell a Grammy nomination.

Big week for Molly. Her record drops on the first. She plays the Station Inn tonight with Jerry Douglas as special guest.

And she made the New York Times

Go Molly!

Sold out home coming (almost) gig at the Guild Theatre in Menlo Park a week back. Dominick is in a cast with a broken foot. Still played like a beast.

Molly and Band will play the Stern Grove Festival in SF on July 10, opening for OCMS. Tickets are free and can be reserved starting June 28 at the Stern Grove website.

New video made recently for the track - “Grass Valley”. Proud Papa Jack flew out to Nashville for the shoot.

Also a nice three song session was recorded by Paste magazine at Delfest with Molly, JerryD and members of GH.

:wave Thanks for sharing all the news, and links! :thumbsup
I saw Molly opening for OCMS last year, but really looking forward to having the Golden Highway with her in September @ Boats & Bluegrass, on the mighty Mississippi! :cheers (Winona, MN)

We will catch Molly tonight opening for Old Crow Medicine Show.
Plus sitting with them during their set.

I hope Molly opens up Solo for Golden Highway at NightGrass.

Molly just knocked 'em out at Stern Grove, Sf’s bucolic free fest on its 85th anniversary season. Golden Highway was without Banjerist Kyle Tuttle who had a prior commitment. Molly’s set was fairly short and I felt it wasn’t really enough time for her to fully cover all the bases. But she got a great hand and it was a total thrill so see her up there

Momma Maureen hooked me up with a seating pass right next to the soundboard so that was nice. She kept getting congratulatory texts, including one from an old co-worker. I told Maureen to take my pass out, slap it on her old friend and she could sit with the hoity toity. The old switcheroo, it worked, and soon enough they both made it back through the DMZ and sat down. Get this, she introduced Jack and Maureen back in the day. I told her she should get royalties from TWO bands.

OCMS really isn’t my cuppa but they are good guys and they bring a lot of energy and make their crowd happy. The shtick is just a little thick for my taste and brewgrass is…well… Hey, they’re living their dream and I work a 9-5 so who’s counting?

Molly came back on and sat in for several tunes including “Big Backyard”.

Beautiful foggy cool day for the most part. Perfect Sunday.

She and the band are booked at IBMA on 9/30 but its a complete lock that she will be at HSB on the weekend

If anyone from Reno is reading this, she’s doing a free show there on Monday 7/11.

Full Set

Molly on PBS News Hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP5vYHoghwY

Molly will be on Amazon Music. 9/16

New Year’s Eve and December 30th shows are on sale now. With Old Crow Medicine Show at the fabled Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. These shows will sell out.

And a Grammy nomination!

2023 tour dates starting to trickle in: Suwanee and Winter Wondergrass in March and a major triumphant home coming to Grass Valley Father’s Day Festival on June 16. So if a bot got your Town Park space, consider this wonderful event as a backup.

She just sat in with Bob Weir, no jokes please…