Mary E. Illium vehicle parking question

If I have my car with me @ Mary Illium camping, can i be driven in and out of campground before and during festival
or does it need to remain parked in a single spot? Also, if it is in campground am I required to sleep in it or can I sleep beside it in a tent? If I don’t use my vehicle pass and instead park in the adjacent nearby free parking provided by PB, does it need to stay there or can I use it to leave and return to that lot? Thank you.

You do not need to sleep in your car…you can set up a tent by your car. Once the festival starts, you can’t drive into town with your car without having a barricade pass…I am not sure about the other portion(s) of your questions…

To answer the other parts of your question… You can move it in and out of the campground as you wish, but as it gets more filled in in the campground, you may get parked in by people depending on where your car is at.

As stated before, you won’t be able to drive into town once the festival starts, you’ll just take the shuttle from Ilium.

If you decide to not use the car pass, you will get parked along the road starting first thing Thursday morning. The later on you park, the farther from the campground you will be. It gets to be over a mile long. You are welcome to move your car from there, but again, you won’t be able to drive into town, but you could go elsewhere. When you return, your spot along the road may be taken and you may have to find another, and it could be much farther down.

The shuttle has to drive past the campground about a half mile to turn around, and they will take you to that point if you are trying to get to your car from the campground.

1 Like

Does anyone know how quickly Mary E gets filled with campers? Do I stand a chance of getting a decent vehicle spot if I arrive Wednesday night? Or are all the good spots taken as soon as the campground opens on Saturday?

1 Like

The best spots will be gone Saturday. By Tuesday it will be getting much more dense, and by Wednesday afternoon, will look full, and if needing vehicle space, might not be optimal spots. We camped there in 2017, and folks who came in Wednesday and Thursday were piled up near the porta potties.

1 Like

LAD, if you decide to sell your vehicle pass, would you please let me know? I would be happy to buy it from you

Ugh, ok, thanks for the beta. In general (any campground), is it frowned upon to set up camp, and leave for a few days until the festival starts, or will people respect a camp that is already set up?

1 Like

If camp is set, it will be respected, just meet your neighbors and share a beer.

1 Like

Thanks so much Mark Sarah and Todd. One more question. Will there be a line Sat 6/11 to enter Mary E. and where does it form? Thank you!
Linda

1 Like

There may be a handful of folks waiting for Mary E to open saturday morning, as there are a handful of super choice sites. And that will surely form at the entrance along the road. When we camped there, we arrived around 1pm and there wasn’t a line, and probably only 6 other camps set up. Majority of folks didn’t start arriving till monday, but by Tuesday afternoon it starts getting more “full”.

Thanks again TOdd!

Thanks for all your questions! All the answers were super helpful!

If you decide to sell your Vehicle pass- i’d be really interested !?
(My man shattered his ankle a couple months ago and not having to trek everything in by myself for camping would sure help a ton! )

Can’t wait-so excited!! :violin::notes::banjo::women_with_bunny_ears::sun_with_face::mountain_snow: