Mary E Camping Questions (Can i sleep in RTT without vehicle pass?)

I havent been to TBF since 2018 when we stayed at Mary E with a vehicle pass. This year i’ve given up hope for a vehicle pass(have a 4 day pass and camping at Mary) but was wondering if my family and i can still sleep on my truck’s roof top tent where ever i park it??? I’ll be with another family in the same situation except they have a camper topper(no vehicle pass)… Are we able to sleep in our trucks/RV’s topper??? We WONT be moving the vehicles all weekend… Plus we’ll have two other families tenting inside of Mary E… big group, with no vehicle passes!

Sorry, the town of Telluride doesn’t allow camping in a vehicle anywhere in town other than the designated camping spots for the festival, unless you want to camp in one of the forest service campgrounds outside of town, and then you would have to drive in and park at Mountain Village for the day.

So I have Mary e camping, just no vehicle pass. There has to be a “parking lot” for campers without a vehicle pass. Can I just sleep in Mary e’s “parking lot”???

Yes there’s a parking lot and no you can’t sleep in it. If you had a vehicle pass then you would park in the campground rather than the ‘lot’. Keep your eyes on the ticket exchange section here. One may just pop up if you are diligent!

It’s not a parking lot, you just park along the side of the road. You could go about 4 miles past Mary E and camp up at Wilson Meadows and use your vehicles, and take advantage of the shuttles to get back and forth.

I vaguely remember people parking in this area…. I could be wrong. Thanks for everyone’s input

Seems that’s part of the campground, they definitely park along the road. Let me see if I can be smart and load a map.

Maybe this works. Google Maps

Lodging has become a widespread problem at TBGF. We’ve been six times, bought tix this year, but refuse to spend $1500 a night for a place to stay. Telluride is my fave place on the planet, but it’s out priced us by a long shot. We could take a nice vacation to Europe for the same cost.

@Joyrider204 go to ——https://cashortrade.org/
Download the app or just make a free account.

I’ve seen some car passes for sale this year on this site. If you don’t already know, you have to re-sell at or below face value so this setup is a win for any buyer. This is where I get 80% of my tickets these days, especially hard to get / early sell-out shows. Youll find everything here… from all festivals to Billy strings, Dead and CO to Phish and everything between.

Cashortrade is great but keep in mind they charge a platform fee of 10% for transactions for free accounts. Perhaps worth it for the peace of mind escrow but a fee on top of face value nonetheless.

3 Likes

Does the shuttle go to Wilson meadows or do you have to drive to ME campground to get the shuttle from there? Thanks for your help

Shuttle only goes to Mary E.