Mary E campground festivarians here! Who else will be joining us?!

If you don’t have a vehicle pass for in campground, you will most likely lose your parking spot if you leave and go to town. If it’s Saturday or Sunday you might not be much further away. Lots more people show up Monday and Tuesday.

1 Like

I have one extra 4 day festival/Mary E camping wrist band I can sell you. $400? Thats a bit under face… cheers!

Thanks for the great info everyone! Looking forward to the festival, first time back for the whole thing in 10 years! Hoping to arrive over the pre-weekend, and will be bringing a mandolin to hopefully pick a little, sounds like a number of instruments will be in the campground!

1 Like

i am bringing my Mandolin as well.

Your 8 year old doesn’t need a ticket. Kids 12 and under are free. (I believe it’s 12)

@Oaksong , @MandomanPC , @evdanger
I contacted Planet Bluegrass about whether we can drive in and out of the campground until the shuttle starts on Wednesday. They said that they doubt we will be able to due to people camping all around the parked vehicles/trailers. They did also say that we should talk to the camp staff when we arrive to confirm. There’s a small chance that they could put you in a spot that will not get blocked in by other campers.
They also told me that water and ice will be available.
Looking forward to hanging with you kind folk! We will be arriving on Sunday! Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for checking. I hope some of us with vehicle passes can find some way into town to enjoy the pre-fest events. Seems like they need to keep a road clear for safety! I’m arriving Sunday and will talk to camp host to hopefully work something out.

Random question:

How strict are they with vehicle lengths? I see 22 feet max on the site, but would they throw a fit if a truck camper was 24 feet? Do they measure at the entrance or do random spot checks throughout the week?

thanks for digging up that info. I do not have a vehicle pass, so ill be driving out of the parking lot (hopefully no one is camping there). hoping that means I’ll be able to get in and out.

I have a question about doing the tarp run from Mary E. How does a runner get from Mary E to the line in the morning? Do I have to wait for the bus? Is that early enough to secure a spot in the shade tent area? I also found an old thread suggesting you had to run with your tent, and that a tarp was not sufficient to hold a spot to bring the tent later. Does anyone know the answers to my many questions? Thanks.

Kris, Ryan, John and Kurt here rolling in Wednesday from Avon, CO and Brownsville, VT. Telluride week is finally here, stoked to get it all rolling and meet all you cool folks! Have been to TBF before but never camped in Mary E. Will be bringing a couple of guitars and down for a good old fashioned cluster pluck. Will be bringing some local craft brews for the cause too!

2 Likes