Mary E campground festivarians here! Who else will be joining us?!

Mary dEep EiLiUM first timer here. Camped in TP last time. Arriving Saturday, will have mandolin/guitar (intermediate) and a propane fire pit as well as good vibes. Bringing a festivirgin! Planning on doing the Via Ferrata on Sunday/Monday depending on weather if anyone wants a ride up there or into town. Feeesstttivaaaallll!

2 Likes

Iā€™m returning to TBG for first time since late 90ā€™s!! Just got lucky and stumbled across someone selling a 4 day pass with camping at Mary so I jumped on it!!

Iā€™ll be solo (female) though hoping Iā€™ll see folks I know (I live within 2 hours of Telluride) and meet great new folks!

But realizing Iā€™m clueless on detailsā€¦ as to the setup, etc.

If I donā€™t have a vehicle pass, do I park my vehicle next to/in my campsite? Or park in a ā€œlotā€ and pack my stuff to my site? Can I sleep in my van? Or tow my cute little vintage camper to sleep in? If not, a tent is totally fine - just want to get a picture if it. And if there is a campground FAQ that answers these questions, please direct me there.

Iā€™m so excited!! A little sad I wonā€™t have a friend along, but I love the vibe and the people and know Iā€™ll make new friends!

1 Like

There is some FAQ about Mary E camping on the Planet Bluegrass website bluegrass.com

To have a vehicle, or camper trailer in Mary E youā€™ll need a vehicle pass. Otherwise youā€™ll be allowed to drive in unload your stuff, and drive out and park on the road. The earlier you arrive the closer you are parked. The shuttles start operating wednesday morning. Itā€™s about a 45 minute minimum MTN bike ride into town.

1 Like

glad to see some jammin potential in MEI! I donā€™t play but im going to be encouraging my dad to bring his mandolin for such opportunities. heā€™s a TBGF first-timer as well!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, ToddG! Can anyone else come Into the campground with me before Thursday, or do wristbands start immediately?

seems like nobody really checks bands for entering, but been a few.

1 Like

I will definitely be bringing my mando also and am hoping for some jamming around my fire pit or yours.

1 Like

Frequently Asked Questions ā€” Planet Bluegrass ā€¢ Colorado Music Festivals & Concerts ā€¢ Lyons, CO here are some FAQ for the camping

Anyone know how often the shuttles run? And how long from Mary E to the festival? So glad they start on Wednesday as I think we are arriving Tuesday!

Also regarding showers, is it still possible to get a day pass at the pool to shower?

We are so excited!

Shuttles run every 15-20 minutes. In the mornings and dinner times, there can be lines at both ends of the shuttle. Iā€™d suggest to be prepared to have your whole dayā€™s food, clothes, rain gear, coats, etcā€¦ packed, as you will miss at minimum 1 hour of festival if you have to return to Mary E during the day! Itā€™s about 7 miles to Mary E, and the ride is 10-15 minutes. Pretty sure you must have a Town Park or Warner pass to use the pool/showers after Wednesday, but Iā€™m not certain on that. Everyone is going to tell you, if possible arrive earlier than that! So many festivarian activities and shenanigans happening pre-festival, not to mention all the outdoor activities possible before music starts. Me personally, I like to catch every band, so I get my hiking, biking, and town day stuff done before festival starts!

since you recommend carrying everything with you am I allowed to bring a wagon on the shuttle?

Yes, we brought bikes several times on the shuttle. Try to go when lines are low.

I am camping at mary eā€¦first time at telluride bluegrass festival, and its my birthday weekend :grinning:

1 Like

What a great way to spend your birthday weekend! :grinning:

Will be my first time tooā€¦and soloā€¦
Going earlyā€¦taking lots of provisionsā€¦
We will meet each other, and lots of new friends,
Me and rocky love company

5 Likes

Rocky looks sure to be the life of the party!!!
Great fashion taste too! :slight_smile:
Youā€™ve picked a great one for your first time!

Hey Todd-got some tag alongs that are concerned about showering. Whatā€™s your advice if camping in Mary E?

Also looking for 2 Mary E additions to our group. I do have 2-4 4 day passes and 2 Lawsons for trade. Email me at amkalinich@gmail.com if possible! :slight_smile:

Ariving the 11thā€¦hopefully get great spot

The first shuttle stop once you reach town, will be the high school/grocery stop. At the high school thereā€™s I believe donation based showers. Also in between Town Park and Warner Field is the city pool, which remains open to the public, and they have showers that operate off coin.

1 Like