Lonnnnnngggggg Time - Tips?

New to forum - and don’t want to be a sap right off the bat. But I have never been so excited about a trip.

That said, returning to Telluride after long absence after moving to DC. Mid to late 80s was my last fest with the cat that turned me onto bluegrass way back. He’s moved on to bluegrass heaven and I’m coming back with my fam - two beauteous young daughters in tow (9 and 12) - theyve learned to dig live grass at the Birchmere out here.

Anyway, couple stupid questions: (1) I dont really remember the townpark/tarp scene (really) - we’re gonna chill in a nearby hotel, but I’d love the girls to get into the whole vibe - i do NOT need to be down front etc during sets, but im curious about where and how to best set up. pre-family, doing the line and finding a spot just in front of sound board was easy (i think) - early morning line wait seems less likely with the girlz - we’ll see (2) i am not a snob-dick, but am curious if it is totally uncool to barter with someone to grab a not wayyyy back tarp spot for us (ugh - i feel bad even asking) - i assume itll be cool to wander around and park on other tarps from time to time, but having a good home-tarp for the kids would kinda be nice.

apologies up front for crashing the forum so late.

You’re in Luck! You’re going!

Anyway, couple questions: :huh
(1) I dont really remember the townpark/tarp scene (really) - we’re gonna chill in a nearby hotel, but I’d love the girls to get into the whole vibe -

Telluride lodging is choice. Grab a condo if you can!

Funny, most of us have vague recollections of the townpark tarp scene! You’re in luck, because there are two line ups. One on the inside (between Town and Warner Field and the other at the front gate, winding back up the crick. Come early rain or shine, cause no matter what, its all line, line, line!

i do NOT need to be down front etc during sets, but im curious about where and how to best set up. pre-family, doing the line and finding a spot just in front of sound board was easy (i think) -

That was then, this is now, but some of the great places to be.

early morning line wait seems less likely with the girlz - we’ll see (2) i am not a snob-dick, but am curious if it is totally uncool to barter with someone to grab a not wayyyy back tarp spot for us (ugh - i feel bad even asking) -

I think barter simpson is cool dude

i assume itll be cool to wander around and park on other tarps from time to time, but having a good home-tarp for the kids would kinda be nice.
Abso!

The good ting is, its all gonna work itself out and everone’s gonna have a good time>