Lineup Dreaming

Honestly I’m secretly glad. I love Billy as much as the next person but his crowd is getting to be nearly intolerable.

1 Like

“I love Billy as much as the next person but his crowd is getting to be nearly intolerable.”

In size or behavior?

1 Like

I think they’re correlated but the behavior I’ve experienced of late is simply not fun or reflective of the values I think this community holds dear.

Very unfortunate. The show I saw back in September was full of good folks having a good time. I saw no negative scenes, no fights, no bad vibes.

Renewal?

(The new forum requires 20 characters to respond so I’m filling in space…)

No, Stanford’s Frost amphitheatre.

We’re going to Billy’s NYE show, and just got tickets to the Tulsa show, which happens the night before we leave for TBF! I wouldn’t eliminate Billy as an option for Sunday closer! I mean he is the hottest thing that the Bluegrass world has ever seen. I can’t think of another group thats come up so fast! If Billy is playing, I’m hoping our camp can locate tickets before it’s announced!

I have seen Billy in all sorts of venues over the last 5 years (from 100 people to 4000). I have just seen positivity. In fact, my last show in Missoula, MT, he was out a bass player and asked anyone in the audience if they could play bass and straight up picked someone out to play with him the rest of the night. And, it was incredible.

But, no Billy Strings at Telluride. Where would he fit now that he has had a few years off?

But I am sure we will be satisfied with the lineup!

Kitchen Dwellers

But in the dark this time.

As others mentioned, Nickel Creek is not a long shot. They have 7 gigs booked so far in '23, including a festival date in early June

Well if we are dreaming…what band would be the absolute best ever band to have at the 50th TBF. They played for many years but have not been back since 1989 or so…Can you guess who I am talking about? Would they not be the biggest surprise of all time??? NEW GRASS REVIVAL!

2 Likes

it’s really happening!

New Grass Revival
Steeldrivers with Stapleton
Sturgill Simpson - but I think he is still recouping from surgery
Tyler Childers - saw him last year…amazing
Zach Bryan
Lukas Nelson and the Real

Tyler Childers would be great. As would Lukas Nelson and the Real. Better would be Neil and the Real. Best would be an Eddie Vedder and Neil Young collaboration.

I am overly anxious for the line-up to come out! They have to release the rest of it soon, right?

Sorry, but I deleted this post from the impersonator “CharleyCrockett”

1 Like

Christ Stapleton & Brandi Carlile/Highwomen are who I’m really hoping for.