Lineup Clues - Postcard recieved today

So, dumb question from a newb: how long will the artists continue to be announced? Also, will the acts already listed be the headliners or sill some of the artists to be named be slotted indo the headlining spots?

Not a dumb question at all! The answer is: we donā€™t really know. This has been a new way of announcing artists so itā€™s hard to know what to expect. All part of the fun for the 50th Iā€™d suppose :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve gotten the BIG Golden Ticket!
The big headliner for the 50th isā€¦

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss

8 Likes

Sam Bush Band
Nickel Creek
Sierra Ferrell
Sarah Jarosz
Full Cord
Gregory Allen Isakov
SCI
Chris Thile
Greensky
Leftover Salmon
Mary Chapin Carpenter
YMSB
Punch Brothers
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
Peter Rowan
Emmylou w/ Watchhouse

New round appears to be hitting mailboxes. Latest adds updated:

Earls of Leicester
Infamous Stringdusters
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
Tim Oā€™Brien Band

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I have been extremely hopeful for a Jewel, Neil Young or Eddie Vedder. Big hopes, I know. We wonā€™t be able to make all four days of the festival as we are also sightseeing the rest of the San Juan Mountain range (again) on thia trip. A COMPLETELY under rated area of the worldā€¦no matter how highly it is rated.

Today I received a Golden Ticket for The Infamous Stringdusters as well.

1 Like

Looks like Allison Krauss ad Robert Plant will be headlining Sundayā€¦

2 Likes

Interesting., thanks! When i click the link, the Tour section is blank. Or maybe my phone is having loading issues.

I got a golden ticket with Tom Oā€™Brian!!

1 Like

Timā€™s Brother???

2 Likes

I got one a month ago with Salmon on it. My friend had already gotten one, so if I was supposed to keep it oops! Seems like a waste of postage to send all these out or is that part of the price increase? :joy:

Dang fat fingers! This is one of many reasons I cannot rival Tim (or Tom) in guitar.

1 Like

I got Tim too! Woohoo!

YES! My husband got the Golden Ticket for the Infamous Stringdusters. Theyā€™ll be there!

1 Like

You didnā€™t have to keep it, but it was a cool sticker.

1 Like

Perhaps a little acknowledgement of a magical festival celebrating survival and thrival on its golden anniversary. Congrats PB and everyone who has a golden ticket to great music!

2 Likes

what I got was a postcard. If it was a sticker too it wasnā€™t apparent to me. No biggie!

See Tom, I knew they wouldnā€™t forget you. They just held it back so not to tip off the rest of us early. Man, this is this gonna be good!

2 Likes

When do we usually know the full lineup? Seems like about half the typical number of bands are listed?

1 Like

Would really love to know myself!

If you count past years line-ups thereā€™s typically around 28-30 bands each year. So Iā€™d guess thereā€™s 8-10 more acts announced. Also, usually full line-up is announced by end of March, sometimes a surprise single band announcement might happen as late as April but rare. Nightgrass should announce in late March or April, and the full schedule will be out before May, usually.

4 Likes