Lineup Clues - Postcard recieved today

Mine has Greensky, but I saw on FB that someone got Emmylou w/ Watchhouse, which I haven’t see posted here yet.

Sure enough - that’s who we got:

3 Likes

Updated List:

Sam Bush Band
Nickel Creek
Sierra Ferrell
Sarah Jarosz
Full Cord
Gregory Allen Isakov
SCI
Chris Thile
Greensky
Leftover Salmon
Mary Chapin Carpenter
YMSB
Punch Brothers
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
Peter Rowan
Emmylou w/ Watchhouse

4 Likes

@ftb0003 noticed the first round of mailings had postmark dates of the 17th, mine was the 20th and I noticed a few on FB are as well. Maybe there’s a 2nd round coming out - perhaps they’ll continue to trickle in!

2 Likes

I seem to out of the loop from Planet Bluegrass. I even had to create a gmail account and a new username on here just to be able to post. I haven’t gotten a single postcard like all you have either.
Telluride Tom

I’m assuming they only sent this to folks who won tickets.

On a separate, but related note, I tried to clean the postal markings and scuffs off of my postcard sticker and found the following:

• Tested 70% Isopropyl Alcohol on a corner and it didn’t seem to damage or discolor the gold ink, but did soak through and slightly bloat the backing paper (I’m sure it will dry back out)
  • Lightly applied Isopropyl Alcohol with a q-tip to areas to clean, and immediately scrubbed/wiped it up with a paper towel. I went at it lightly and went back a few times if the first application wasn’t enough to make sure I didn’t overdo things

Overall it cleaned up pretty well

2 Likes

Yeah, the least surprising announcement ever! Being the 50th, not surprising things sold out fast. All we could get was Thursday and Sunday tix, so for the first time in decades I’ll miss old Sammy on Saturday night. Maybe cause it’s the 50th and they’re working on big names, but usually the last ten years anyway most of the lineup was out before Christmas. Not that it really matters. It’s always amazing!

Pumped for Emmylou with Watchhouse, especially since we missed them at Mabon in the fall!

Full Cord is a new name to me. I like what I hear so far.

I assume we can add the JerryD band. Looks more likely than the Earls which have a tourlet a few months prior.

Punch Siblings should be really good.

1 Like

Full Cord is the 2022 band contest winner.

Got our golden ticket today. Looking forward to the 50th!!

Re: Full Cord
Brian Oberlin, Mando teacher and leader of Full Cord was formerly in the band Grasshoppah. A terrific band from a while back. I do not remember them playing TBG but they played in Colorado. Check out their cd “Whoa Mama”.

1 Like

Is there a new round of postcards being sent out or just waiting for the announcement on Planet Bluegrass (which the lineup 2023 goes to a webpage not found message)

I got a Golden Ticket with the Flecktones, but someone else had already mentioned them. My question is, “Is there something special about the Golden Ticket beyond the line up?” Backstage would be pretty fun… (hint, hint).

T. Tom- I can’t understand why you, of all people, would not be part this fun! I object!

Last year I got to trade tix with Hooch (he really is kind of big deal, by the way) and feel like I’m part of the IN crowd now. See you all at the sound board!

Flyin Phil

There is something special about the Golden Ticket beyond the line up! It’s a sticker!

The Golden Ticket is a fun way to celebrate the upcoming 50th TBF and allowing Festivarians to be a part of the lineup announcement.

No backstage access! – Privacy and security of the musicians and staff is very important. But fortunately, if you keep your eyes open, a lot of musicians make their way around to TP jams!

Golden Ticket postcards were sent out to all ticket purchasers – Tom wasn’t on that list, but I’ll get in touch with TellurideTom for an address so I can ship him a post card. You’re right, he definitely needs one!

– Now – to find the perfect place to stick your commemorative gift from Planet! :grinning:

4 Likes

It’s OK that I’m not receiving any of the golden tickets. I’m enjoying all of you sharing what you’ve gotten. I’ll be sure to tell the artists how much you enjoy having them come to Telluride as much as they do playing for you. <3

2 Likes

I have a special place on my back country skis for it. So, it seems like getting a TP site is a long shot these days. I got one in 1993 (my first TBF) and didn’t know how lucky I was. But this year I’m just happy to have a 4 day and Lawson Hill. Wish there was a way to battle the bots.
Hoping to run into all you cool cats and gals at a jam. Would y’all kick a fella out for playin’ harmonica?
FP

did a new round of cards come out? my wife has Earls of Leicester on hers!

2 Likes

New round appears to be hitting mailboxes. Latest adds:

Earls of Leicester
Infamous Stringdusters

2 Likes