LA Bluegrass Situation

Comedian and actor Ed Helms (The Office, The Hangover) had been performing for sometime on various comedy shows at Largo. It was there he met Largo proprietor and fellow bluegrass fan Mark Flanagan. Flanny and Ed shared a common belief that there simply wasn’t enough bluegrass in the Los Angeles area. Then, after a near-religious experience at the legendary Telluride Bluegrass Festival, Ed came home on a mission to bring more bluegrass to L.A. And he knew exactly where to turn. Over a few too many pints, Ed convinced Flanny that there were surely legions of bluegrass fans hiding all across Los Angeles. They just needed a rallying point to bring the community together! And thus the L.A. Bluegrass Situation was hatched.

http://labluegrasssituation.com/LABluegrass/Details.html

Sounds like FUN!! :cheers

I am coming from Iowa this year to go! Cant wait! I wont be getting there till Friday night, and Punch Brothers were already sold out. But still it will be awesome! Also, first time to California!

Went to the first one in Feb 2010 ~ this was my intro to Bluegrass… Pikelny & Pandolfi melted my face off… seriously… I’ve never been the same :slight_smile: