Kids Camp

Hi all :wave

This is my first year at the Academy - I’m incredibly psyched to have scored a spot in the mandolin building workshop! Woo Hoo!

My question is about how/if the Kids Camp and mando building workshop schedules match up. It will just be me and my 7 year old daughter so I will have to be with her during the lunch break and after the Kids Camp day ends. Does the instrument building follow the same daily schedule? Any other solo parents out there with offspring in the Kids Camp? Just wondering what to expect so that I can be prepared :thumbsup

Valerie,

I have done the academy with my kids many times and you should be able to make it work out. I am building a Mandola this year and my kids are in the academy. If you need help my 14 year old daughter would be willing to help out. Our camp is multi family and multi kid. The only issue I see is if you have any extra work to do to get your mandolin finished as far as sanding or carving that may have you working during part of lunch or after camp ends. That can be worked out. It is all low stress. See you at academy. You daughter wil love kids camp!

Patrick

Hey Valerie and Pat,

this is my first time at the academy, and I am bringing my sons 11 and 14 years old, who are doing the kid’s academy too. My oldest is very responsible and good with younger kids, too. Maybe they could all meet up Sunday night, and then we can plan for them to hang out with each other until we can meet up with them? Yay! I am so excited, cannot wait.

Micki

Hi Patrick, Hi Micki :wave

Thank you for offers of help! It does take a village sometimes :slight_smile: It’s good to know there will be other kids around for Rowan (my daughter) to hang out with if I need to spend a bit more time in the workshop. We are both super excited!

Patrick, are you close to Chicago? I’m in Indiana about 3 hours south. It will be a fun road trip :thumbsup

See y’all soon!

I am about 3 hours north of Chicago. You go to ROMP?

No, I’ve never been to ROMP. I’m usually just getting home from the Telluride Bluegrass Festival around that time; I think my husband and daughter would disown me if I went to another festival on the way home from TBF :lol

Have you gone? The lineup looked great this year.

I’ll be there at academy with my 9 year old son. My wife isn’t coming until the festival proper. Looking forward to all the families being there.