Just sayin'

:wave Hey Hi! I want to share a thought about live music and drugs. As I watch Billy become a hit and catch fame his page is centered around drugs. His songs are about drugs. His Tic Tok is drugs. His crowd is edgy and throws punches, he gives links to over dose sites… I love his music but the thought of 10,000 folks trippin scares the crap out of me. A whole different scene. I think for me I would not want to be in that crowd until he pulls it together. He is setting a pace, creating a culture around him and reducing his audience. I hope we do not lose him and just stand there and watch. I called em out and he can hate me for it. Someone needs to talk to him… just my opinion.

Billy doesn’t drink, and only smokes pot and does psychedelics. The songs are about the bad things that happen during addiction, and he talks openly about getting away from his hometown and the mess of drug addiction. His audience is growing so fast you can’t get tickets! Personally I love being at shows where there’s 10,000 people tripping. Way better than 10k drunk folks! Crowd throws punches??? His audience is the most peaceful caring group I’ve seen in a long time. An old friend of mine used to say all songs are either about a girl, a boy, or drugs and alcohol.

Nope the crowd is much different. I have been tuning in on his page and folks are passing out, talking openly about Heroin and over dose kits n stuff like that has no place on a public fan page. Talked about throwing punches n I had to go. Love his music and energy and glad he is out of it but the crowd he attracting is harder than a bluegrass crowd. Yep drunks suck and I have done my share of around the worlds but sounds a tad harsh on his fan page has been for quite some time.

I don’t know what “fan page” you follow. But, I follow two different ones on FB. And, I saw him play 10 sets last year, and have been seeing him for over 5 years now. The only reference to drugs on any fan page has been to weed, or psychedelics, and it’s rarely posted. There’s been posts for sober groups to meet up at shows. And, there’s been lots of posts about how Billy’s music has helped people get clean, and that Billy himself is an inspiration because he left drugs behind and quit alcohol a few years back to better pursue his music career. I’ve never, seen or heard about violence ever at any Billy Strings show. And, I keep up like a nerdy fanboy. If anyone is dropping to the floor its from strobe light seizures, or over exertion from dancing too hard.

Grateful Dead songs, and shows have much more drug reference and usage than Billy Strings. I mean he does cover Cocaine Blues, but I’m gonna bet so does Sam Bush.

I don’t know anyone personally who thinks things like opiates, meth, and pills are cool. But, also I don’t see BMFS or fans thinking or saying that stuff is cool either. I highly suggest going and seeing Billy Strings first hand if you haven’t. One of the greatest concert experiences, I’ve ever had, every time!

I will say, that yes people out there use drugs. Probably an equal amount at most concerts. But, Billy Strings as a performer, writer, and human isn’t promoting drug use, outside of weed (which isn’t considered a drug).

On, a personal level, I’m excited about BMFS rapid success, but also now it’s damn near impossible to get tickets!

Don’t use drugs friends, and if you are having a problem, please talk to someone and find help.

P.S. The good Billy Strings FB group is Friends and Fans of Billy Strings.

This has to be the craziest post I have ever seen on festivarian forum.

Billy Strings passed me a joint once backstage after a show :rofl:.

Gasp! So now you’re a Satan worshiping heroin addict, right?

I was wondering where this topic would go… I hope as we watch we stay aware from a lesson in the past. The constant humm and tone again and again means somethin… I really like his music and he fishes. What is not to like but his crowd, the chatter on the streams is heavy not yer norm but in the thick of it. Too much info and I keep hearin stuff. Tune in. Some bands create a subculture and these folks go from gig to gig and can set the tone for the party in the crowd. True dat and have witnessed it more than once.
Express yourself fearlessly in the face of diversity. BOOM Mary can!

Big summer tour announced. Minds blown? mandatory. Drugs? optional.

Randy Crouch, who most of you probably don’t know, he’s played and recorded with Vince H, and was recently inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame. I’m glad and lucky to call him my good friend. Anyway, he used to tell cops when they pulled over the tour van, " if you got a drug problem in your town, just call us, we’re the MDDU (mobile drug disposal unit)".
Wish I was as High as the price of gas!

I listened to a Randy Crouch song this morning with my coffee. A song I learned from Cody Canada and Stoney LaRue when I was in HS in '07. “I HOPE YOU MAKE IT TO THE MOUNTAINS” Relevant for all of us. “…at least what ever happens… it’s been good to be with friends”