Introducing... another 2011 TBF band for our heads and hearts...

I get to share one of our latest TBF additions… And in this case, it really is a bit of an “introduction” since these guys are new to Planet Bluegrass:

We’re such suckers for bands that love to sing. Bands where everyone belts out the choruses even when they don’t have a microphone in front of them. Bands that write songs that can’t help but inspire massed singalongs. Bands that invite the entire audience onto the stage to sing and dance during an encore. Bands that leave you with your eyes newly opened, a fresh feeling of joy in the air, and beautiful new songs bouncing 'round your head…

The Head and The Heart
http://www.theheadandtheheart.com/

Here’s a recent live video of their tune, “Down in the Valley.”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1h-YPjcfLc

“I am on my way back to where I started…
Down in the valley,
with whiskey rivers,
these are the places you will find me hiding.”

We’ll all be hearing a lot about this young Seattle sextet in the coming months. Subpop is releasing their debut album this Spring, and the buzz about their energetic live shows is growing and growing.

Their set down in the Telluride valley against the backdrop of the San Juan mountains just might turn into something epic.

You can also catch them at the Pearl Street Music and Arts Festival in Boulder on May 6th with Dr. Dog, Gregory Alan Isakov, Paper Bird and more.

Here’s a link to a H&H hometown in-studio performance (video) from KEXP Seattle. Enjoy!
http://kexp.org/live/liveperformance.aspx?rID=31957

Also, here’s an interesting blog post / recording from a house show from last November in Colorado Springs. The recording isn’t immaculate, but it’s pretty darn enjoyable and sounds good for a show that, as far as I can tell, wasn’t even mic’d.
http://www.fuelfriendsblog.com/2010/11/14/dont-follow-your-head-follow-your-heart/

I’m really looking forward to this band!! Great addition!

I can’t say that I knew of them before this announcement, but I have to say that I really, really like what I’ve heard thus far. Thanks for sharing those links.

Thanks for sharing these links, Zack. Great stuff! :thumbsup

What the heck… I’m fur sure in for more EPIC music!

Thanks Planet Bluegrass! :thumbsup

YOU FOLKS ROCK!!! :medal

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

So far I like what I’ve heard :thumbsup
What’s exciting with these new bands is the potential for their live performance to be awesome!
Can’t wait for June!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:festivarian Always am excited to hear a new band and never dissapointed in PBG injection of new music.
Love it! :lovedr

Looks like I need to support and buy some new music so I can be one of the many singin out(and clapping for Bevin :lol ). :cheers

Yeah, I can wrap my head around this one fer sure. :medal

Is it just me or do these songs speak to you as well? :flower

Wow, is it June yet, heart be still… :sunshine :hug :kiss :vibes

I had never heard or heard of this band, but hey…I love catching a band live for the first time.

Can’t wait to hear this band! Fantastic! :medal

Caught these guys on Conan last night:

The Head and the Heart

I am excited to see them on the TBF Stage!!

Nice one, Planet!! :thumbsup

They are opening for Iron and Wine in Des Moines! I can’t wait!

Nice! Thanks Planet Bluegrass!!! Even after the entire festival is entirely sold out they still add more to an already ridiculously awesome lineup! :medal :medal :medal :medal :medal

Oops I just saw this was originally posted in Feb :lol

We’re digging them, and like how unique they are. They have shades of some mellower Mumford (but not quite), and some memories of Swell Season (but hot quite) mixed in with some Beatles (but not quite), all tosse din with their own unique tak eon the world that tickles me in all the right places.

Brian had it right…it may be something Epic. One thing for sure, there’s going to be a LOT of smiles!

I hear ya, they did make me think of Mumford a little bit. But they are their own thing, and the album is beautiful.
:cheers

Playing their set with (along side of?) matthew and the atlas at nightgrass has the potential for epic-ness indeed! They both seem to have those moments of melody and choruses that make your heart swell up :vibes Both bands have a sound on their albums that you sense might really be special live.

was just lookin at this… nice!! all they have is 2day passes; does that mean single events are day of only? thx for the heads up tbrite :thumbsup

I read a great quote about this band, “I want everyone to feel the way the way they make me feel”

“I know there’s California, Oklahoma,
And all of the places I ain’t ever been to but
Down in the valley with
Whiskey rivers
These are the places you’ll find me hidin’
These are the places I will always go
These are the places I will always go”

I never thought the San Miguel flowed with Whiskey, but I’ll buy the imagery :lol