Indianapolis Suggestions...

We’re deciding our route back east after telluride and are thinking about stopping in Indianapolis.

Any good spots here for a festivarian to feel at home?
Such as local pubs, restaraunts, music venues, national parks near the area…

I’m originally from Indianapolis, left years ago with a backpack and a guitar. I was back home last week visiting family and caught Elephant Revival at the Irving Theater and Greensky Bluegrass at Birdies. It’s kinda hit or miss was the impression I got. North of town there is an area called Broad Ripple. It used to be the hippie part of town when I lived there but now it’s a bit more upscale but still a fun hang. A few good brewpubs, coffee shops and restaurants around. The Vogue Theater has national acts and is a good venue. There used to be a bar in that area called The Patio where I saw a young John Hiatt starting his career. Check out the local Indy Indy paper for what’s going on. http://www.nuvo.net/

Have fun!

Local Indy Indy paper… loved that line! :lol

I played pool one afternoon in Broad Ripple, early 2001. It was just starting out as an up and coming area at the time.

Downtown has some pretty cool places for music. The Slippery Noodle comes to mind… if it’s still open. Like I said, that was back in early 2001.

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green