IBMM ROMP Fest in June 2011/Centennial Celebration in Sept.

Hey everyone,

The International Bluegrass Music Museum in Owensboro, KY, will be holding their big fundraiser festival, ROMP (River of Music Party) June 23-25.

Confirmed acts:
Steve Martin & Steep Canyon Rangers
Carolina Chocolate Drops
Infamous Stringdusters
Punch Brothers featuring Chris Thile
Tony Rice
Mountain Heart
Trampled By Turtles
23 String Band
Josh Williams Band
Valerie Smith & Liberty Pike
Kenny & Amanda Smith
Pete & Joan Wernick
Audie Blaylock & Redline

This festival is SUPER affordable ($70 for advance 3-day pass) and there is totally FREE dry camping at the site, Yellow Creek Park. Check out the web site http://bluegrassmuseum.org/general/romp.php or call 270-926-7891!

As I mentioned, this is a fundraiser event for the Bluegrass Museum, a non-profit organization. If you have never been to the Museum, it’s definitely worth the trip—especially for bluegrass superfans. They have lots of cool stuff, plus that’s where the IBMA’s Hall of Fame is housed. It may sound kind of cheesy, but I cried the first time I saw it.

I know that the dates are right up against Telluride, and it would be tough to make it to both. The Museum is also hosting a huge event in September over Bill Monroe’s 100th birthday. They’ve invited every living member of the Hall of Fame to perform, and the confirmed acts so far are the greatest of the greats: Earl Scruggs, Mac Wiseman, Bobby Osborne, J.D. Crowe, Jesse McReynolds, Tom Gray, Eddie Adcock, Bill Clifton, Everett Lily. The Museum’s Pioneers of Bluegrass and all of the living veterans of Bill Monroe’s Blue Grass Boys band are also invited. The Centennial Celebration will also include films, jams, panel discussions, a stage musical and field trips to Rosine. It’s going to be paradise for bluegrass history geeks like me. :geek

For more information about all of this stuff, you can check out the Museum’s Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bluegrassmuseum.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!

g-luv :love