I need reassurance about line up because my heart may break a little if this is true

I fell in love with this festival a few years ago & at my first festival I heard Greensky for the first time. They are pretty much the soundtrack of my life and coming to Telluride gives me the chance to see them live. And their Nightgrass show is everything I want in a gig.

So - you can imagine how I felt when I saw someone post ( on FB?) that they aren’t coming to TBGF in 24. What??

I’ve checked their site, they aren’t touring anywhere else then and yeah I know, who trusts FB posts.

But, of course, I’m slightly stressed.

Anyone know anything?

I know I will still love being at the festival and it will be the highlight of my year but the idea of not seeing Greensky there is just a bit otherworldly.

2 Likes

IMO, Greensky needs a break from a headlining spot this year anyway.

2 Likes

I saw that post that said they were playing on the east coast TBF weekend. They are actually on the east coast the weekend before, so it could be that the poster knows about a date they don’t have listed on their tour schedule. Or,it could be that the poster didnt realize that this is one of those years where TBF is later and they have the wrong weekend for TBF, thinking it’s the weekend before… when Greensky does have a date listed on the east coast.

1 Like

Thank you, hope you are right x

I think Greensky is on the Bonnaroo lineup (in Tennessee), but that’s the weekend before Telluride.

1 Like

Thanks, yes they play there on Sunday. Just trying to work out logistics to get there from LA and then Denver/ Montrose/ Telluride. You have a BIG country. If they aren’t playing at Telluride ( sob, how can I not see them at the high school?) I’m hoping they are playing somewhere vaguely close to Telluride or LA before I leave the country via West Coast on 29th.

I have faith! And hope :blue_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::banjo::banjo::banjo::banjo::blue_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Respect that and I understand that a refresh is a good thing. I love the line up for festival in 24, it’s fabulous but please understand my sadness. They are my favourite band and I live a long way from your country. I really love seeing them live. I am hoping they appear at our festival or somewhere nearby while I’m in the US. Can’t afford to come twice. It’s one of the risks I accept when I buy TBGF tickets without knowing the line up. Thanks

If I were you, I would try to see them at a regular concert or a smaller festival. Bonnaroo is HUGE and pretty overwhelming if you’re hoping to just see a few bands. I went to 'Roo back in 2011, and even though my friends and I splurged for VIP (ouch), it was a little too crazy for my tastes. It was fun, but it’s about 10 times the size of Telluride (about 100,000 people!), and it can be hot, dusty, crowded, and uncomfortable. I think I’m too old for it now…lol. I bet Greensky will play some other shows while you’re here in the States!

1 Like

Thanks, yes I agree, we have a festival that gets 100,000 here too and even though the line up is usually great I hate the crush and the vibe. I did go to see Greensky there last year though!

I’m hoping that their summer tour is announced soon and I can plan a side trip. Hoping they might play somewhere near Denver or LA but TBH I will pretty much do anything to get there.

Thanks for your help and let me know See you in Telluride, I owe you a drink :blue_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks! I hope I can make it to Telluride this year. It’s been about 5 years, so I’m seriously overdue!

1 Like

If you find them performing in LA let me know, I’ll join you!:two_hearts:

1 Like

GSBG is playing the Mill Valley Music Festival on May 11,12. Tiny outdoor venue below Mt Tamalpais. You would love it. Just a slight change of flights…

1 Like

I would LOVE it but um, I have to work right up until I leave, how else do you think I afford the flight? Find me a gig in the days either side of Telluride! Cannot bear to miss them. Thank you :blue_heart::green_heart:

1 Like