How to prepare for Town Park !!!!

LOL.......................I thought it was your dress? :lol

JOEY!!! We need to get you your OWN party dress!! :thumbsup

Honey put on that party dress
Buy me a drink, sing me a song,
Take me as I come cause I cant stay long[/b][/i]
:pickin

xoxo MG

Party dresses for everyone this year! And, I mean EVERYONE! Rhonny, this means we’re going to have to leave Town park to scour that free box more frequently…as long as we have a cocktail before the adventue and during…I’ll think we’ll be fine… are you in?

In peace,
Michelle
[/quote]

I am all over it… it’s at least ONE of the reasons I walk into town EVERY day!

Naw, I think it would be hilarious to wear your tu-tu on my head…And you don’t even need to brush it off for me !!!

So, is ther only one stage for the performers? Or are there multiple stages?
I looked at y’alls maps, but I couldn’t tell much about the stage setup from there. Maybe that’s just cause I’m so unfamiliar with the whole thing?? Also, what time do the first acts usually start up?

There’s only one stage, unless you consider the workshops in Elks Park downtown. The first act usually starts around 11 AM. :cheers

many thanks to you kind sir

I’ve decided to begin the training program in earnest…

xoxo
http://www.telluridetom.com/images/monkey.gif

For the new initiates:

The Monkey Girl Town Park Camping Training Program

• Rhonny “Monkey Girl” Kane
  1. Wake up and glare at the bottle on the floor next to your bed
    (Note: As training progresses, and greater stamina is achieved, bottle will actually be IN your bed - quite possibly under the small of your back.)

2. Stumble to green room in backyard (installed for purposes of training program*) and wait for 20 mins before relieving yourself.
    (Note: An option here, rather than incurring the cost of green room rental this close to festival, would be to find a nearby construction site, a semi-clean gas station restroom, or a neighbors house containing a LOT of children)

3. Upon return to front yard, collect instrument someone “borrowed” the night before and left outside all night, leaning against a cooler.
    (Note: This is a perfect opportunity to practice true festivarian spirit by not giving in to anger)

4. Stumble to kitchen, don training program blindfold, and dig through big box o’stuff for little bottle o’pain reliever.

5. Once pain reliever has been located, use dull camp knife to pry open “child-proof” cap, remove blindfold. Try to remember where first aid kit was stowed or locate suitable bandage material (duct tape).

6. Crack a beer and take pain reliever… while eyeing what remains in last night’s bottle.

7. Pour last remaining shot from bottle while repeating “Hair of the Dog”…then, fighting back nausea, back away slowly… in fear.

8. Replace blindfold, and find soap, towel, quarters, for shower.

9. Proceed to shower, remove blindfold, turn on hot water and wait for 45 mins before getting into shower, eyes closed, head against wall.

10. Get into shower, stand for a few minutes until hot water begins to fade, soap up quickly.

11. SCREAM, curse and perform a “modified stationary panic” when hot water becomes ice cold water… fumble for something to wipe soap out of eyes.

12. Take clothing and all belongings into front yard and dress in front of entire neighborhood never standing on more than one foot, taking great care not to drop clean underwear in muddy puddle.

13. Drink the first real cocktail of the day (hair of the dog, hair of the dog) and eat first meal of the day
    (Note: While in Town Park this is generally some kind of food bar found in camp or breakfast prepared by someone who obviously went to bed too damn early. As an adjunct to this part of the training program, we advise you look at your very favorite dish for minimum of 20 mins prior to consuming said food; you’ll find this to be valuable prep for the wait in line during the avg. 1-2 x’s per day IFFP** - intended to minimize salivary gland over-stimulation produced by Sisters Dumplings or Killer Flanks)

14. Saunter out to front yard*** and take up residence in a low-chair, with two Camelbacks: one full of water, the other full of alcoholic substance to build the rarely used orbicudrinkinginsunalldaylaris orsis muscle.
    (Note: If you reside in lower elevations… suggested tactic would be to get on the roof of a tall building to ready oneself for alcohol consumption at altitude.
    Note, Note: Use of training blindfold is not suggested by program creator but could be used in Extreme Training.)

15. When the “back teeth are floating” feeling hits, go to green room and stand for 20 mins.
    (Note: This is an opportunity to begin to perfect the “pee-pee shuffle” disguised as “dancing to the music” or hacky-sac)

16. Set-up obstacle course for return to chair… be sure to carry food, dirty-sticker covered plastic cups full of liquid and hula-hoop through obstacle course, sit in chair without spilling.
    (Note: The obstacle course should also be navigated carrying above objects while blindfolded… to simulate the trip in the dark while drunk.
    Note, Note: Said obstacle course could be set up on rooftop to stimulate altitude… flat roof top HIGHLY recommended)

17. Stay in chair until dark and beyond, cheering neighbors/cars as they pass by to build clapping callus.

18. Replace program blindfold and gather all items taken out at beginning of training day, and return inside via obstacle course.

19. Put on not quite warm enough clothing, grab musical instrument and make your way out into neighborhood seeking alcohol, warmth, and people willing to jam.

20. Play music, drink gifted alcohol and try not to complain about the cold until you can no longer stand.

21. Find reasonably comfortable place to sit, and drink “borrowed” alcohol, complain about cold and play music until you can no longer find the strings.

22. Lay down in dirt, make rambling, incoherent references to [bleepin’] cold and that “demn knowitall prezsdint plant… mean bush…addfoanaaia;wfja, schneer, schneer, schneer, and occasionally slap at your instrument.

23. After the repeated insistence of homeowner/neighbor, sling instrument over your back, put on blindfold, clutch bottle w/ remainder of alcohol someone gave you / you “borrowed” in your teeth, and crawl back home to bed.
    (Note: Sidewalk use is not allowed during this step. Crawl through yards, under bushes, etc… this method should help prepare you for wee-hour drunken rumblin’, bumblin’, stumblin’ return to camp.
    Note, Note: Extreme training would involve at least 3-4 attempted entries into someone else’s bedroom. Goal is to get out with all limbs, dignity and undergarments intact.)

24. Lean instrument against cooler in yard, crawl in to house, in to bed and go to sleep.

Steps 1 – 24 x’s 2 = one revolution

*Under no circumstances is the green room to be serviced during training program; this is intended to properly anesthetize certain senses in prep for Fest. If possible, have people stand in line ahead of you and mumble incoherently. Practice the “smile and nod, I’m not too drunk to understand you” response.

** Avg. IFFP = average in-festival food purchase

*** Tarpology education is not covered in this program. Program creator does not want to incur the wrath of hundreds, nay thousands of festivarians…each with a disparate view on Tarpology best practices

Training Program Matrix

Weeks 1-2 Complete one revolution of training program no more than a TTL of 4 x’s
Weeks 3-6 Complete two revolutions of training program 2-3 x’s per week
Weeks 7-10 Complete two revolutions of training program 4-5 x’s per week,
(add one complete revolution each week)

After week 7 revolutions can be added at will. Be sure to cease training program at least 3 days prior to departure for Telluride.

Get plenty of rest, drink lots of water (you should still, however, be training your bladder at this point… don’t forget to wait 20 mins. beyond the point that you think you will wet yourself!),

During the entire program, channel festivarian spirit at will… listen to good music, smile at people you don’t know, willingly embarrass yourself at every opportunity and share your yard, food and drink with any and all passersby.

Additional exercises:
Give yourself toe-jobs while blindfolded
Decorate your yard with tie-dye and old couches
Convert some common household item into a propane heat source
Cook a meal for hundreds
Conduct “blind taste tests” on homebrew, coffee and hot sauces
Shuck oysters while blindfolded
Go to busy public locale and figment* without hitting anyone.

*Figment is a type of dancing. Term is derived from a statement made by program creator’s friend when, while “dosing”, he looked down on people dancing at a Dead show and said, “Looking at those figments of my imagination, figmenting around!”

Monkeygirl,

Thank you fo rthe training program…I’ve got some work to do. Thought I had a good regimen down which consisted mainly of drinking Colorado microbrews so I could adjust to the altitude and drawing on my past life of following The Dead. Now that I looked at regimen I’ve come to realize that I am out of shape and thought I could step right back into my glory days!!!

Crap, getting old takes extra work to get back into playing shape, but, I’ve got plenty of time as long as I “work out” every day…hope the boss understands :lol

:cheers

Punchy and Fellow Festivarians, do not worry about Punchy’s skills upon arrival to Telluride. While he may be out of shape now, for 5 nights prior to Wednesday’s Rumballs he will be under the watchful heye of Palooka and the Bagger. Trust me, those two gentlemen (and I use the term :quote gentlemen :quote quite liberally) are professionals who have been working at their craft for 20+ years. :rock

G-d save the queen!

Two things Billy - LOVE the song you’re listening to… and LOVE the Monkees quote. In fact, I think I’ll go listen to a little of both right now.

As far as the training program…

How are you going to hit the ground running if you don’t start at least moving your feet before you put them down?

Does that make any sense?

xoxo

Thanks for stepping up, Palooka, but I’ll need to be in some kind of “shape” before ever arriving in CO…once I get there the training is over and the real fun begins :evil

Monkeygirl - I understand…I’m moving me feet as we speak!!!

Monkeygirl,

You always make sense! Your wisdom is beyond infinite.

Punchy better train before he sets foot in CO and your regimen is the full hot order. But in case his training falls short upon arrival in CO then Palooka and Bagger will put him through such a boot camp that he’d be wishing his instructor was the Sergeant from Full Metal Jacket.

As for the Neil Young, have you ever listened to the live shows on Wolfgang’s Concert Vault? I HIGHLY recommend it. They have all these Bill Graham produced gigs (from the soundboard!) from the Fillmores.
http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/ConcertDetail.aspx?id=1085|5023
http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/Concerts.aspx?SID=2d299dcc-4ffb-43d5-a4b8-0d8b6f3c41dd&ds=rd&stype=all&ID=

OMIGOD!!! or OMIHOOCH! (:rollin)

That is an amazing site! You are my hero… seriously.

I must buy you a drink sir, when we’re all in Telluride.

Cheers!

Wow! you got on the Warron Jersey show FAST!!! :rock

You are welcome - simply making your acquaintance while in Telluride would be more than I would ever need.

I call festifoul!! one cannot decline,no matter how graciously, the drink offer of a fellow festivarian while in training! I hate to do it but I must smite you (1) festypoint for your infraction. you can reclaim said point by passing on the drink offer to another :wink: festivarian.

By the same token… Where’s the love for offering the drink?

xoxo

Now Rick… Billy’s still a small member. He might not have know any better.

Let’s try this again… offer me a drink Rick… go ahead… :evil :lol :evil

Hope Lin :pickin

Ok Ok, I returned the festypoint. although my taking one away seems to have been a good thing for Billy as his points nearly doubled today :huh
and as far as a drink , Hope I would be honored if you would allow me to offer you a drink :cheers

Damn… I was really hope to scam a little festilove there…

shoot…
http://www.getsmileyface.com/new/monkey_smileys/1.gif

xoxo

Sorry Rhonnie, it took me a few to understand the scam :thumbsup :flower :cheers