How are Red Rocks plans looking this summer?

got some good things coming. everyone get their tickets set? wspanic anyone?
:wave

We are hitting a bunch of shows at Red Rocks, We have tickets to Emmy Lou and John Prine right before TBF, then we go see Mark Knophler right after, then not much until Aug. We have tickets to Willie, Allman Bros./Bob Wier and then Govt Mule. I’m sure we will pick up a couple more in between there. Maybe. Have to see how the income situation looks. We are also going to the Mile High Festival in Denver and then back to Telluride in Sept for Blues and Brews. I am also trying to work in Rockygrass and Yarmony fest. I sure do love the summer festivals/concert scene in CO. Too bad work gets in the way of having all this fun. :cheers

Walkers- “Too bad work gets in the way of having all this fun”

I know right?! Red rocks is all bunched up near the end of the season for me. I miss the 5day Dead runs from 03 and 04 that really got me going earlier in the summer. Yarmonygrass is shaping up to be a great weekend too!

Right now, my Red Rocks shows for this Summer…

6/6 - John Prine & Emmylou
6/27-29 - Widespread Panic
8/30 - Allman Brothers and Ratdog
8/31 - Gov’t Mule and Umphrey’s McGee

To be frank, the majority of the shows are overpriced, but
what else is new?!

While I’m not seeing Plant & Krauss due to Telluride, my
show of the Summer:

7/1 - Stevie Wonder @ Fiddler’s Green

One of the very few artists whom I’d shell out the bucks for and
did (9th row). :slight_smile:

nice JJ! our office is taking a little field trip to Stevie. first time seeing him!

Nice office field trip. :slight_smile:

We’re also hitting the Sat Panic, ABB and Mule shows at Red Rocks - and Stevie Wonder at Fiddlers.
We’re passing on Mile High due to cost - and catching the Trucks / Tedeschi show at Chautauqua instead. Don’t feel like I’m missing out with all the other good stuff happening.

Anyone going to Rockygrass or the Folk Fest? We’ll be volunteering at both again - and am very excited to attend all three stellar Planet Bluegrass events this summer. Our first TBF and I can barely contain my excitement.

Has anyone committed to the Derek Trucks show at Mishawaka yet?

Yeah definitely! I can’t catch him at chataqua due to being at NWSS. Every time the last 2 years derek trucks has come in town i could not go. looks like this is it!

We’re passing on Mile High due to cost - and catching the Trucks / Tedeschi show at Chautauqua instead. Don’t feel like I’m missing out with all the other good stuff happening.

I have ZERO desire for the Mile High Music Fest. I would be interested in only
25% of the acts, but it will be a large rock-concert-type cluster*uck! YMWV,
but I also have zero trust in promoters like Chuck Morris.

That Trucks / Tedeschi show is my b-day show this year! :slight_smile: