HOORAY! New Tarp Line policy for TP & WF!

WOW! Now Town Park & Warner Field campers get to SLEEP IN and/or enjoy a leisurely breakfast!

I just got word from the Planet that we will NOT have to wake up and stand in line every morning in order to get our tarp line numbers. Instead we will get them the day before every run by getting out wristbands scanned at the box office from 1pm until 6pm (until 10pm on Wednesday). If you miss any of those windows, you’ll still be able to get a number by getting your wristband scanned at the Town Park Camp Gate from 7:30 until 8 am on the morning of the run (personally I’ll be sleeping!).

This means that we will all still need to grab a TOTALLY RANDOM number every day, but we get to do it at our leisure. Tha actual line-up will still begin 30 minutes prior to each day’s Tarp Run.

As for now, this only applies to TP & WF, but the Planet peeps are trying to come up with something similar for the in-town line.

This is really fantastic news for us sleep-deprived latenight pickers and Nightgrass attendees. A big Festivarian thank you to Zach Tucker at PB for getting this all arranged.

FESTIVAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL…

9 Likes

This is great news! I doubt it will help me improve my mediocre luck with line numbers in recent years, but at least I won’t have to get in line to freeze my butt off early in the morning to get those mediocre numbers!

1 Like

Oh wow this is awesome. Thanks for pushing for this, John. And thank you to PB for listening!!!

1 Like

Best news.

I know it’s good news but I have to admit I love the line up in pyjamas and hangovers bit too……will miss seeing some of you rascals at 7am but yeah, sleep is goooooood

1 Like

Good. To be honest, I never understood the zero-dawn-ugly policy, except as some sort of loyalty test.

As a parent of little ones, who was no longer young himself, I had to give it up because it was just too brutal. The policy rewards the kiddos who get their number, send one person with a tarp, then go back to bed and skip the first two acts and then sleep through the next two on their tarps… :wink:

FWIW: it would be quite easy to issue a random number with the wristbands and be done with it for the weekend.

There’s still reasons to gather around that Duk Tape coffee pot!

1 Like