Heartland 2010 Festivarians!

:wave Festival pilgrimage starts Saturday from Minneapolis! :thumbsup I know Mn will be well represented, how 'bout you other “Heartlanders”? :cheers

We’re flying out from OH on Saturday. I know of some fellow Ohioans who will be starting their trek on Sunday (gotta see Phish in Cleveland on Saturday). I think we’ll drive next year. Haven’t done that in a few years.

Safe travels to all!

Ok, I know no one reads or posts here, but maybe us midwesterners need to start connecting a little more. So here’s the story of my trip to Telluride this year. I’m laughing now, probably because of all the Ranger IPA that I’ve drank tonight, but I wasn’t laughing yesterday.

Left my house outside Cleveland at 1:15 on Saturday. Itinerary was fly Cleveland to Chicago to Denver to Montrose and then drive to T-ride. I know, crappy plan from the start. Anyway, flight from CLE was delayed 3.5 hours due to weather in CHI. So I finally get to CHI with my wife, 7 year old Sam and 2 year old Jacque and of course, there are no flights to Denver or Montrose so we’re staying the night. By the way, I could have drive from Cleveland to Chicago in less time that it took to fly there. So now I’m paying for a hotel in Chicago because the weather caused me to miss my connection to Denver. That’s cool, except I had planned on spending that money on Killer Flank Steaks, corn dogs and 1554. My nwe itinerary is Sunday morning 8:12 to Denver with a connection to Montrose. We get on the flight at 8:12, sit there for an hour and then de-plane due to mechanical problems. Awesome! We get to wait for 2 hours to get a new plane. Of course this means we miss our connection in Denver. We finally get to Denver, get on our plane destined to Montrose and of cource we learn that there are mech problems with this plane too. We sit on the plane for about 45 minutes - temp is 93 according to my watch - and then they tell us it’s time to go. Backing away from the gate we feel a lurch. They forgot to unplug the AC power cord from the plane before the plane backed away. Pulled the electrical panel out of the plane and out of the airport wall. Another delay. Finally make it to T-ride after 29 hours. Could have driven in 26. Will drive in 2011. I hope you all had a better trip than we did.

:wave Hey Rob! We drove and had a great time! 21+ hrs from Mpls. 285 from Denver is a very nice ride. I realize all have schedules to keep, but it’d be fun to organize the I-76 caravan someday. Sorry to hear of your craptravels, hope it all worked out and your Festival was grand! Wow, the weather was best ever! :cheers

Once we finally arrived, it was all good. Thursday may be the best day, musically speaking, that I have experienced in the 10 TBF’s that I have attended. I loved every set.

And the weather… you said it, the best ever. Well, I could’ve done without the wind on Sunday. I was picking the dirt out of my ears for 3 days!

We’re drivin’ next year. I’m sure we’ll see you on the forum and if our schedules happen to agree, maybe we’ll see you somewhere on the road.

:wave Hi all! We are from St. Louis. Will be going in 2011 after missing 2010. 2009 was our first and we can’t wait to get back. :driveA drive is in our plans for next year and are not sure of the route yet. In '09 we went west/southwest. Stayed in Sante Fe one night then drove into Durango where we stayed one night (and visited 5 of the 6 micro breweries in town) and then arrived in Telluride on Monday so that we could participate in as many pre-fest activities as possible in Town Park. :cheers
See? Someone reads this! :lol

:wave Hi U-Jo! :cheers Now there’s 3 of us! We’re also planning for 2011 refreshment in Tride. Can’t wait already!?#? From Mn we just go hell-bent for Denver, then meander down on 285/50, stopping when/where ever looks good. We set up on Monday and had nothing but fun for a week! Did I say “can’t wait!” yet? :cheers

Would love to get this thing off the ground. Have they announced the line-ups yet? :lol Would love to have a refreshment with the “flat landers” we can gather through this forum.
BTW, happy 30th anniversary! We celebrated our 25th last year by going to TBF. That is where we met the couple (Dayton and LaLaGay) that is coming next year for their honeymoon. They met at TBF '09.

:festival Thanks UJo, but we’re just now celebrating our 29th… :flower NEXT year is 30, thus would love to celebrate w/D&L @ TBF. :cheers A flatlander (heartlander) festivaaal refreshment shindig would be a fine thing! We’re in! I believe we still have time to get one scheduled for 2011?

Sheesh… I thought I was bad… YOU FOLKS ARE CRAZY!!!

Just another reader! :lol

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

P.S… Yum! Rootbeer!

Well how about that? I stopped checking the forums for a couple weeks and now a 2011 flatlander cocktail party is in the works! This is great. I’m looking forward to it.

:cheers

:wave Lets keep this thread alive folks. Only 311 days till the first day of music in TBF 2011!

Make that 4 now…as I am moving from the Vail Valley to NE South Dakota.
I know,I know don’t ask…but now have the opportunity to go to Teluride and Rockygrass as well. I’m stoked… see ya’ll next year :cheers
now just wondering how blue the grass in South Dakota.

See what happens when we flatlanders try to have some fun together? They call us CRAZY?? What’s up with that, Auntie? :wink: :flower
Hey UJoe, how long 'til the lottery? Can’t countdown my festidays 'til I have my camping pass!
Welcome to “The Heartland” B-Bill! I’m sure the grass will get bluer with you around! Anywhere near Ortonville, MN? I get there every year. :cheers rootbeer?

:wave Wish I knew when the lottery began myself Swander! Are you planning on a Town Park camp?
As far as the start of the music on the main stage goes it is:
308 days
or 10 months, 4 days
or 26,611,200 seconds
or 443,520 minutes
or 7392 hours
or 44 weeks
:cheers

298 Days Until Land Rush Saturday. :slight_smile:

Auntie Hope <— Who is also CRAZY!!! :lol