Hardly Strictly 2010

I hope it’s not too early to check into what plans are coming together for the first weekend in October? I am happy to lend a hand on the planning :cheers :pirate

Hey Larry,
E-mail Ellen at ellenlb@yahoo.com. E-mails to your address are bouncing back.
Hugs,
Ellen

me too!

Any other Colorado people planning on HS? Where is everyone staying? I think myself and Dana from Boulder wanna come and it would be nice to hook up with some of last years mansion dwellers.

As a northern California native born son, I say “welcome” to all those coming from Colorado and elsewhere for HSB 10. I went to the very first one and have only missed one.

My recommendation is to get there super early, Go to a few stages and tarp squat for acts you want to see, then plant yourself at one stage and stay there as the afternoon wears on. The massive crowds start to manifest after midday. In particular, the Rooster stage (in Marx meadow) gets incredibly impacted as its a narrow meadow, and its nearly impossible to move in and out of that area.

I like the Porch stage which is the smallest and least crowded.

Please ask any questions about SF and environs and I’ll try to get you good answers.

Thanks for the welcome Mr. Ed, appreciate that. I’ve been coming from CO for HS since 2004 and will keep coming as long as Warren invites us. I’ve heard he has a trust fund set up to fund the festival for 15 years after he passes. What a generous man to fork out the bucks out of his own pocket without any corporate backing for this great music event.

Yep, it has gotten more crowded in just the years I’ve been going. I didn’t think it would any bigger than the year Dolly Parton was there but last year was pretty crazy. Your advice was well given and I look forward to another fantastic year of music and maybe seeing you and other festivarians. Can’t wait!

Daily schedules are up on the website.

Hey Larry, i am not going to make it, but i think a lot of the usual bunch is going to make the journey. Enjoy for me, too, please!

I still remember fondly the phone call I got from Arrow Stage while the Waybacks were playing and the eagles were soaring overhead. They were eagles, right?

And of course I remember the year i actually flew out and got to party with you all! …my one and only trip to SF so far.

:flower
LuAnna

:thumbsup See you ALL there! Arrival into Oakland Noonish on Thursday and departing on Monday evening!

Festivaaaaaaaaaal !!!

:wave Good morning everyone from Hippie Jerry!

Thanks to Connie for closing the loop here and getting us all together in a dialog. Please let us know if you will be coming this year. If you do not wish to receive mail for HSB 2010 please let us know so that the list can be appropriately modified…

My HSB plans have been curtailed a bit this year, I will only be able to attend the festival on Sunday. I may also make the Carolina Chocolate Drops/Stairwell Sisters show at Slims on Friday night.

Any of you who do not have lodging arranged are welcome to join me in my driveway in BiValve, it is about 45-60 minutes from the festival venue. You’ll need a tent and basic camping gear. I can supply a really hot shower and good refreshments. I have room for several tents and one small RV on site. There is good parking really close by. I can even put an RV or two within a hundred yards of the cabin on the public right of way.

I am happy to provide tarp food service on Sunday for a true Run a Muck party. It would be nice if we could tarp the Arrow stage this year (we’ll need a volunteer), it is centrally located and fairly easy to get to given the Sunday crowds these past years. I can provide beverages (beer, red and white wine, mixers of your choice, and sparkling water), a great organic lunch, and really cool northern California snacks for a low, low price of about 10 dollars per person. You can pay me at the fest. Make your reservation Today! e mail: mailto:hippie@llamaman.com.

We will need someone to get over to the Arrow Stage and throw a tarp really early Sunday morning and hold the spot. I will reward that angel with a a cup of really good coffee, fresh pastries, and a special harvest treat.

You will need to bring your own festival chair to the tarp. We can all share if you can’t bring one. This festival has many stages and not all of us will want to be on the tarp at the same time.

Now… if you have made it this far… please send me your cell numbers so that I can compile a phone list for the folks that will be attending this year; It will be distributed to only the only the folks that will be attending.

I look forward to hearing from you all! FFFEEESSSSSSTTIVVVAAAAL

:peace

We have a little over 20 reservations for tarp food service on this Sunday… Please let me know if you plan on attending!

There is a Facebook page for this party, you can also check in there for the most up to date chatter:

Camp Run a Muck at HSB

You can find the stage line ups at:

HSB stage times

See you there.

:peace

Folks, still buzzing from Sunday at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. We followed MrEd’s advice and planted ourselves at the Towers of Goid Stage(right behind the Star Stage). As soon as an act ended on one stage the other stage kicked in and they played the sound from the performing stage(heard Elvis Costello and his fine band). Got there at 9.15 in the morning to put down the tarp. Luchero ? opened at 11. James McMurtry followed. Took a backroad path to catch the Indigo girls set at the Rooster stage but felt the crowds-getting heavy. Took in the first three songs from Dave Alvin And the Guilty women then headed back to the Towers stage. Caught the end of Randy Newman(YOW). My daughter and friends found us then my son for a great set by Patti Smith. Wanted to catch Jerry at the Arrow stage(I had talked to him earlier) for the Avett Brohers but moving through the crowd with your chairs seemed too much. Wow, free music in GG park in SF hard too beat.ed