Hardly Strictly 2009

Hello everyone,

I just noticed the initial lineup for Hardly Strictly in SF and it looks good, plus you can count on a bunch of additions and regular acts from years past. I heard about the festivarian group that makes it there and would love to link up our group into that this year (it will be my 4th). Check it out, see you there!

Booker T. & the DBTs, Mavis Staples, Richie Havens, Marianne Faithfull, Steve Martin with the Steep Canyon Rangers, Billy Bragg, Earl Scruggs, Old Crow Medicine Show, Old 97’s, Okkervil River, Allen Toussaint, Aimee Mann, The Chieftains, Hazel Dickens, John Prine, World Party, Lyle Lovett and His Large Band, The Del McCoury Band, Doc Watson, The Wronglers, Gillian Welch, Neko Case, Little Feat, Dr. Dog
MANY MANY MORE SOON TO BE ANNOUNCED!

I am seriously considering making the trek for the party this year, FINALLY!!
(been considering it for years)

Can’t freakin wait!!

Your intrepid hosts of Camp Run a Muck have been scurrying around making a few great plans for HSB 09. Stay tuned to the California board on this forum.

Click here —>Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2009

:peace

Can’t wait to see y’all there… :rock :sunshine :sunshine

Better believe it Dave,

I am thinking about just booking my flight now, Southwest rocks it for damn cheap. It will be good to see you there and everyone else, where you staying? Last year we hosteled, which was nice, before that I have done a hotel share and the year before that a friend’s place. It would be cool to all be somewhat in the same neighborhood…

HSBF ‘09! Can’t wait! Looking forward to some good ol’ Festivating will you all out in San Fran! The lineup looks great…raise a glass to Warren Helman for putting this great festival together!

See ya down by the san francisco bay!

lineup update and additions, check it out now, how can you not go?

Kimmie Rhodes, Robert Earl Keen, Mike Farris & the Roseland Rhythm Revue, Todd Snider, ODC/Dance, Aimee Mann, Guy Clark & Verlon Thompson, Nick Lowe, Dr. Dog, The Wronglers, Hazel Dickens, Pamela Rose, John Prine, Billy Joe Shaver, Charlie Haden, Buddy Miller, Malo, Rodney Crowell, Amadou & Mariam, World Party, The Fireants, The Del McCoury Band, Doc Watson & David Holt, Barefoot Nellies, Elizabeth Cook, Roger Knox presents the Aboriginal Country & Western Songbook, The Duhks, The Knitters, Little Feat, Jorma Kaukonen, Dry Branch Fire Squad, Kevin Welch, Kieran Kane & Fats Kaplin, Reckless Kelly, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Eliza Gilkyson, The Brothers Comatose, Elvis Perkins in Dearland, Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys, Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch, Robyn Hitchcock, Okkervil River, Allison Moorer, Dar Williams, Mavis Staples, Marianne Faithfull, Darrell Scott Band, The Flatlanders featuring: Joe Ely, Jimmie Dale Gilmore & Butch Hancock, Dave Alvin & the Guilty Women, Jessica Lea Mayfield, Earl Scruggs, Old 97’s, Neko Case, Steve Martin with the Steep Canyon Rangers, Tom Morello, Rosie Flores with Jon Langford and the Pine Valley Cosmonauts, Richie Havens, Allen Toussaint, Booker T. & the DBTs, Boz Scaggs and the Blue Velvet Band, Marley’s Ghost, Hayes Carll, Old Crow Medicine Show, Lyle Lovett and His Large Band, MC Hammer, Laurie Lewis, Red Wine, Moonalice, The Claire Lynch Band, Billy Bragg, Marty Stuart, The Tim O’Brien Band, Marshall Crenshaw, Steve Earle & the Bluegrass Dukes, Austin Lounge Lizards, Abalone Dots, The Chieftains

ok, see you all there!

they said “Cali-forny is the place you oughta be”,

So we loaded up our truck and went to hardly strictly… :lol

There is a house in San Francisco we can rent for $2200 for 3 nights. only 2 miles from Golden gate park.
6 bedrooms 5 bath. we can put 18 people in there.
thoughts???

mc hammer anyone?

no, seriously, that festival looks awesome :thumbsup
and a house with 18 festavarians for the show sounds like a sweet party :wink:

Hello Festivarian’s :wave

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

As many of you know the campground is still closed for this years Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival.

I have been trying to find a house that we could share next to Golden Gate park for the Festival.

First the bad news, The 6 bedroom for 16 people i found was rented when I returned home from RockyGrass : (

Now the good news,
I found a much better place just recently restored and made available for rent just this week, I have rented & paid in full for an 8 bedroom 6000 Square foot Luxury Mansion that sleeps 20. In the San Francisco Central Haight Ashbury district (it was the world famous Haight Ashbury Free Clinic) only 2 blocks from Golden Gate park!!! : )

The house is amazing.

If you want to book a room in the house please drop me an email. please be aware that payments for the rooms will be needed immediately, as I have paid in full already. Rooms will go to festivarians that have attended HSBF camping with our group previously, any space left will be offered to newbies.

Once I know who will take the rooms we can talk about food and drink options for the house, I am thinking about making the house an all in package with food and drink included.
Your thoughts are appreciated. also if some of you would like to arrive on thursday we could move in early if enough of us wanted to.
also if you are interested in touring wine country before the fest let me know, as I am thinking of renting a van and Connie has offered to be Designated driver for a tour of napa/sonoma.

The 2 suites in the house with private baths one with Jacuzzi and terrace will cost the most, the other rooms all huge with Queen beds will cost about $350 and is for up to 2 people per room for 3 nights. some rooms have an extra rollaway/Couch in them and can fit up to 4 people in a room.

There is Parking for 4 CARS in the Garage. Those will run $40 for the weekend per car. Parking in SF Hotels is about $50 per night!

Hippie Jerry, Karlos, Connie and I will be working on some tarp options and getting this all together. stay tuned for more info on that…

Is anyone getting excited yet???

Peace & Festival to you all…A J :pipe2