Granny trying to understand camping reservation

I am a Granny taking two granddaughters camping by herself for the first time. We have always attended the festival (never camped) but I am worried I don’t have the right reservation. I cant seem to find it on the Lavern site but I have the printed copy. It shows I have camping for July 28th through Sunday the 30th. But no details about the site or if that means we have to leave on the 30th. Any help or advice on how a Granny can confirm and put her mind at ease would be wonderful!

Your reservations are THROUGH Sunday the 30th, so you will leave on Monday morning. Have a great time.

1 Like

Thank you Telluride Tom!
Will someone help me find our spot when we arrive? There is no reservation on the Lavern website recorded. Is the festival camping handled separately? I will have two broken hearted girls if I did this wrong! TIA!

So if I am understanding this correctly you have one Laverne M Johnson camping pass? Did it cost $80? If so, this is through planet bluegrass and is not associated with the designated spots sold in Laverne outside of bluegrass week. This $80 camping pass gives you access to the park starting on Wednesday the 26th through around noon I think Monday the 31st. These camping passes are required for all campers aged 13 years and older. If your grandkids are 12 or under they are free. If they are over 13+ you will need to find a camping pass for them. (some appear available in the shop below)
There wont be anyone official there to help you find a campspot as they are first come first serve starting Wednesday. It is a big field, so there should be space, but I recommend bringing shade (an EZ up etc) as there are few spots that are shaded. However, festivarians are very kind so if you need assistance I would just ask around when you arrive. The camp hosts at the front can help guide you as well. I’ll be in Laverne starting Thursday afternoon and would be glad to help you if needed. Hope that answers your questions. Have a great festival!
Nate Grant

2 Likes

oh and there is a family camping area. Map here: https://bluegrass.com/assets/img/uploads/screen-shot-2022-02-09-at-11.21.04-am.png

1 Like

Hi! Yes, I have a vehicle pass for $100 and a camping pass for $80. It says Friday 28th through Sunday 31st.
So can I get in sooner even though it says Friday? I was hoping to come set up on Thursday but thought I might need to find another pass.
My gals are under 12 so it will just be me needing a ticket.
You are so kind! I am pretty nervous about doing this by myself but they are SO EXCITED!!

1 Like

Nope you can arrive as early as 930am Wednesday. Lots of info in the link below/ If you plan on coming Thursday for a spot you should be fine getting one. With a vehicle pass and camping you are all set. When you arrive tell them what you have and what kind of spot you are looking for. The family area might be best for you, as there are quiet hours, and it looks like there might be some shade opportunity. You should be able to drive back there unload your gear, then go park. Lots of folks around to help as well. Laverne is a wonderful park with lots of access to the river.
Don’t be nervous, have a wonderful time. Feel free to reach out with any more questions.
Nate

2 Likes

I am grateful for you Nate!
Thank you!