Generators and amplified music in the campground?

I guess that means I have to either leave my guitar at home or learn how to actually tune and play it.

You are so funny J :lol :flower

I vote “NO” and ask that everyone stays Carbon FREE! Pull the plug as much as possible at FESTIVVVAAALLL!!! :thumbsup

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

Nice one Bevin! This is certainly a conversation that needs to be had, and someone’s gotta kick that first pebble :thumbsup

my $.02…I think we could do without them here. Run-a-Muk…Cascadia…the Totally Duct predecessor, Totally Lit…and many others have shown us how we can power our favorite toys and tools withOUT having to fire up a gas-powered engine.

Is is just the “gas-powered” part of it? Not really. Even if you had a diesel generator that ran on Hooch’s rendered bacon grease - lord knows we’d have enough to power the whole town of Telluride - sure it would smell great, but the sound would still be invasive.

For me, it’s kind of like the hand-drum question (and no, i’m not trying to spin off a new thread…but just for comparison’s sake). I like drums, and even been known to play them myself. But there’s a time and place for everything, and Town Park is one of those places that would be better off without…both generators and drums.

But let’s face it…we like to live pretty lavishly in Town. Hell, some live better in Town Park than they do at home! Do without the amenities of lights, coffee grinders, cell phones, a PA for the Tim O’Brien set? No way! But go the extra mile and bring the batteries, solar panels, bike generator, wind turbine…it’s worth it!

Again…just my $.02…for what it’s worth :peace

Bike generator sounds cool. If anyone has used, or is using one this year I would be interested in how it works and how well it works.

Yeah those bike generators are great. They don’t seem to generate allot of amperage, but certainly allot of entertainment. At The Hog Farm No Dog Pignic there were multiple bicycles to power their “green” stage. Although the bikes created a small fraction of the overall juice, the bikes were rarely un-ridden. I am impressed by the campers initiative and majority expression to, “blend w/ the birds,” as it were. Fully supportive of keeping town park as green as possible, applauding all who do.
:cheers

https://www.ihomeaudio.com/media/uploads/product/images/iHM77B1.jpg.450x400_q85.jpg

Speakers like these are rechargable, and plenty loud for those periods that call for some recorded tuneage in the campground. Also nice for tuning into the local radio station broadcasting the show, when you’re slow to get up in the AM or taking a leasurely break from the show.

If this is a question about generators I say NO, if it’s about playing recorded music, then with discretion YES :thumbsup

That is the beautiful thing about acoustic music, why muff that up when it’s supposed to be played quietly and intimately in the first place.

And if you must have juice, this thing is ULTRA quiet (it’s electric, boogie woogie.) We use it to inflate our bike tires and air mattress and then we put it away

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/b0/b0f7cb0e-c1e9-4bfd-ac01-9ce755e62e28_300.jpg