Festivarian Buttons??

Greetings all. I recall seeing a post about the elusive Festivarian Buttons to permit festivarian.com participants to recognize one another and pay proper homage ;). Is there any info on them? What is the cost? How can one order one? Thx in advance for the info :).
/r

Kevin

In the spirit of this year’s Festival push for sustainability, I suggest that all who can REUSE and RECYCLE their old buttons…

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Everyone could wear ALL their buttons! Oh wait… but what about the newbs?

Umm, I guess someone disagrees- why did I get smited for that?

[quote author=Debbiefromtucson link=topic=2797.msg22190#msg22190 date=1210940428]

Umm, I guess someone disagrees- why did I get smited for that?

I thought it was a great idea, here is some love back.

Here’s what I know. The buttons started out as a kind gesture from a button familiar festivarian. The gesture grew into an expectation, that seems to always lead to trouble. Last year, the button maker went to extreme efforts to make everyone who asked for a button – a button. Many festivarians never showed up to get them and the button maker still has many of them. This represented the button makers own money, time and again, sustainability?. I actually made little flags with forumvarians names and only found a handful of people.

I have a suggestion to help reduce, reuse, recycle the stress/expectation and have a way to identify forumvarians - The task is to get your forum name sign on your hat or chair. Sorry this design was geared to Town Park. Maybe the inside could be changed to reflect where YOU sleep.

Feel free to used this attachment in your project or design your own. :cheers

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/courtnessj/flags.jpg

GREAT IDEA Courtney!!!

By the way…great job on the little flags last year Courtney!! And also to LuAnna for busting out all the buttons!! You’ve gotta love the people who put in the work behind the scenes to try and make it extra special for everyone.

GREAT IDEA for the identifying of folks on hats or chairs!!! I’ve already built a template that can be adhered to the chair-backs that will identify me as a festivarian forum ‘participant’ ;). Thx for the great idea, Courtney.

I didnt mean to cause any consternation or ruffle any feathers by asking about the buttons. There was no ‘expectation’ … and … as far as cost … I never expect anything for free. SO … that all being said, I look forward to lookin’ for other ID’d chairs and/or hats to seek out other board members :).

/r

Kevin

Not to worry Rocky Mtn Guy, no feathers, no ruffles. I just thought I would give some background because I had some to give. I will say there’s nothing like the generosity of this festivarian community. I just love it. L O V E :cheers

[quote author=Courtney link=topic=2797.msg22295#msg22295 date=1211035050]
Not to worry Rocky Mtn Guy, no feathers, no ruffles. I just thought I would give some background because I had some to give. I will say there’s nothing like the generosity of this festivarian community. I just love it. L O V E :cheers
[/quote

I wanted to add that I wasn’t ruffled either… Was just putting a “thought” out there towards “recycling”

hi it’s me the “Button Maker Person.” I am just seeing this thread for the first time. I am not able to talk about new buttons today, but i will tell you that my festival chair has my first name embroidered across the back. I have had it for many years. I will also tell you that I have found many people sitting in my chair who do not share my name!

Ask my campmates or anyone who knows me about my concerns for the environment and my dedication to the idea of reduce, reuse, refuse and recycle. I am aware that the buttons are not environmentally friendly. They are also not toxic. They are also not going into the festival trash bins. (uh… are they?)

Some more history: The buttons started out in 2002 as a way to know each other from the old yahoo chat room. Actually they started out as paper labels, but when it rained they got wet, and that was the end of many of those. Then came the idea of buttons beginning in 2003. Those kind of turned into a keepsake because they have the year of the festival on them… so people naturally wanted to add to their collection, although many always offered to keep wearing one from a past year… and they often do.

Maybe i should just bring macaroni, and we could all spell out our names with that!

Or would tattoos be easier? :lol

have a great Sunday everyone! See you soon!
:flower
LuAnna

I love the macaroni idea :lol.

I love the buttons… I love ALL of my buttons.

The macaroni’s a fun idea… think of it as “food storage” (you know, we Utahns are known for that whole food storage thang). Personally though, I think tattoos sound like a really great idea. Our names on one arm, our camp on the other.

Sort of a “If Lost, Return To” thing… I’ve seen several people over the years in need of that type of assistance at 2 or 3 in the AM.

I saw a guy at the NOLA Jazz Fest with a shirt with upside-down printing that said, “If you can read this, set me back up on my barstool.” I even have a picture somewhere.

Uh, Courtney, the poor little keepers of the primitive area, Kamp DukTape, feel a little left out…

That was made before I met Duck Tape Man. I feel terrible. I’ll see if I can add an homage.

But hey, I love the new shirt.

Yee Haw are ya ready to git yur bluegrass on?

C

Duk Tape Man can go right smack in the center :wink:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/courtnessj/flags.jpg

Whats a froumvarian? just in case anybody was going to use this emblem on a shirt or something like that.